Whether you aspire to be an ER nurse or blood makes you squeamish, Texarkana College’s Health Sciences Division offers a variety of training programs that lead to high-demand jobs in the healthcare field.
- Registered Nursing is the #1 top occupation in Texas, with more than 10,000 annual projected job openings. The average annual salary for RNs in East Texas is nearly $60,000. TC’s Associate Degree Nursing program is the oldest of its kind in the state of Texas, and it takes 3 years to complete.
- Licensed Vocational Nursing is the #5 top occupation in our area with an average annual salary of more than $41,000. At TC, you can earn your 1-year (or 3-semester) certificate in Licensed Vocational Nursing.
- Pharmacy Technicians in our area typically earn $30,000+, and this field is expected to grow by 8% over the next ten years. TC’s Pharmacy Technician certificate takes just two semesters.
Why Texarkana College?
- You’ll be learning from expert instructors in well-established programs with proven success. In fact, many of our graduates are able to secure jobs and internships in the medical field before they graduate.
- Federal grants and financial aid are available to help you pay for college.
- TC offers a vibrant campus experience, with a library offering tutoring and student support; clubs, organizations and activities; and a fully equipped gym with a heated indoor Olympic-sized pool.
I’m interested. What’s my next step?
Fill out the form below to request an appointment with our health sciences enrollment specialist, who will explain everything you need to know about your program of interest and help get you on the path to your new health career.