Earn Dual Credit Through Early College Programs
Accelerate time to degree completion with a head start from early college programs and classes through Texarkana College. Dual Credit students complete college-level academic and workforce courses on their high school campuses or online to earn high school and college credit at the same time.
On This Page
Dual Credit Admissions
Save money on college tuition and get ahead by earning college credit early through Texarkana College’s early college programs. Dual Credit students complete college-level courses on their high school campuses, TC campus/sites, or online to earn high school and college credit at the same time. Dual Credit students can also earn college-level certifications while in high school that lead to immediate job opportunities upon graduation. Our credits can transfer seamlessly with universities throughout Texas and further to help you start strong for your college education. We’re thrilled to give you the opportunity to earn dual credit and accelerate your education.
Dual Credit Introduction Video
Resources for Students
Apply for DC Admissions
- Meet with an advisor or your high school counselor for guidance in picking your best course options.
- If you need to take the TSIA2 Assessment at Texarkana College, you will need to complete the pre-assessment. Learn More on TSIA2 Testing Center Information.
- See your high school counselor to receive a ticket to test. When testing, students must show valid photo identification. The tests cost $10 for Math and $20 for ELAR. The Testing Center accepts cash, debit, and credit cards. TC’s Testing Center can be contacted at 903-823-3278.
- Turn in a copy of your TSI scores to your high school counselor.
Only new students and students who abstain from registration for a year or longer must complete a Dual Credit Application. Applications must be done at least 48 hours in advance of registering.
Dual Credit students must be assessed in TSIA2 unless they have prior college coursework meeting the course restriction. The test students will take is dependent on the course restriction they are registering for. Students can be exempt through ACT with a 23 composite and 19 on Math and/or English or through SAT with a score of 480 on Reading and Writing and/or 530 on Math. Students can take the TSIA2 assessment at TC’s Testing Center or at their high school where applicable. Students can also use a dual credit EOC waiver to take coursework. ELAR restricted courses require a 4000 or higher on the English II EOC. Math requires a 4000 or higher on the Algebra I EOC, and a passing high school grade in Algebra II.
Check with your counselor for the registration date. TC works with high schools to set dual credit registration dates each semester. Students cannot register until all required documents have been turned in to their counselor.
Required documents for new students:
- Current high school transcript
- Approved test scores
- Students attending a TC campus/site workforce class must turn in proof of meningitis vaccination within the last 5 years at least 10 days prior to class or submit a waiver
Required documents for returning dual credit students:
- Required test scores (unless TC already has them on file)
- Meningitis vaccination or waiver