On This Page
What to Know at a Glance
16 weeks non-credit certification
Part time; Night classes
Where it is offered
About Dental Assisting
The course includes hands-on skills training and CPR certification. A skills lab is onsite and used for instruction purposes. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- introduction to the dental office and history of dentistry and dental assisting
- sciences in dentistry
- oral health and the prevention of dental disease
- infection prevention in dentistry
- occupational health & safety
- patient information and assessment
- foundation of clinical dentistry
- radiographic imaging
- dental materials
- assisting in comprehensive dental care
- dental administration and communication skills
Students will receive information on how to obtain certification to be listed on the Texas Board of Dental Examiners as Registered Dental Assistant.
Clinical Externship at a local facility is available and highly recommended to students for this program. Students must submit drug screen, tb skin test, immunization records, physical examination, and resume to be eligible for participation.
This course is $2,000 with an additional $125 exam cost. A 25% down payment is required for registration.
Purchase of scrubs, physical exam, tb skin test, and drug screening for clinical externship is required.
Grants & Scholarships may be available. Call 903-823-3270 for more information.
Adult Education and Literacy offer funding opportunities for our students. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-823-3461