With enhanced educational opportunities, student cohorts, and opportunities for leadership growth, our Honors College is the place for academic excellence and active citizenship to launch a lucrative future at a low cost.
On This Page
To provide a unique opportunity for exceptional students to engage in a community of scholars focused on in-depth studies with an emphasis on leadership, service, critical and innovative thinking, professional communications as well as a view of current events from global perspectives.
- Rank in the top 15% of graduation class or rank in top 10 students with a high school GPA of 3.25. Automatic acceptance in contingent upon student’s designation as college ready as defined by the Texas Success Initiative.
- First time in college student with a high school GPA of 3.25 with essay application may apply.
Presidential Scholarship recipients receive automatic acceptance into the Honors College. The Presidential Scholarship and Honors College are contingent upon the student being designated as college ready as defined by the Texas Success Initiative.
- Participate in a Learning Community
- 30 documented hours community service
- Must maintain 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Fulfill all other degree requirements to graduate with an associate degree from Texarkana College
- Honors College designation on diploma and transcripts.
- Honor medallion to be worn at graduation.
- Honors classes have small class sizes with priority registration.
- Speaker forums and film nights are exclusively designed for Honors students.
- Service Learning Component.
- Assistance with Internship in field of study.
- Social, cultural, and travel opportunities.
- Special considerations for existing programs, such as the Eldridge Scholarship.
Presidential Scholarship recipients receive automatic acceptance into the Honors College. Learn about scholarships available at Texarkana College.