Fall Registration is now open.  Browse the course schedule.

Financial Aid for Non Citizens

Even if you are not a US Citizen or permanent resident, you may be able to apply for and receive financial aid to attend college from federal, state, or institutional sources.

Financial Aid Office entrance


If you are a noncitizen but have a legal presence in the US, you may still be able to complete a FAFSA application as an “eligible noncitizen”. You will need your Alien Registration Number as well as your Social Security Number, but otherwise you should find the application process almost identical to a US citizen. Please visit our “How to Apply” page for more details or https://fafsa.gov to apply.

If your FAFSA gets rejected because you did not fall into an eligible category, you would be able to submit a TASFA application as described below.


If you are undocumented or if your legal status did not allow you to receive federal aid through the FAFSA, you may still be eligible for financial aid from the state of Texas using the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). Like the FAFSA, this application should be done once per school year, and eligible students will be offered financial aid on a school year (August-to-August) basis.

Unlike FAFSA, TASFA is a paper application. Once you complete it and gather all relevant documents, it should be turned in to the Texarkana College Financial Aid Office for evaluation. As with other financial aid documents, all information you submitted is strictly confidential and is protected by FERPA Student Privacy laws.

TASFA forms can be found at the College for All Texans website.

FAQs for changes to the TASFA for 2024-2025

This transition will streamline the work of all parties involved and provide TASFA applicants with a simplified online financial aid process as opposed to the previous paper application.

Your dependency status determines whose information you must report when you fill out the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) form.

  • If you are a dependent student, you will need information for yourself and your parent(s).
  • If you are an independent student, you will need information for yourself and, if married, your spouse.

You will need your personal and financial information, including your federal income tax returns, records of untaxed income, and details about your assets. If applicable, gather similar information for your parent(s) or spouse.

Please note that for the 2024-2025 TASFA, you will need income information for 2022.

TC Scholarships

Some scholarships do not require US citizenship, including Texarkana College’s Presidential Scholarship. For full details on available scholarships, deadlines, and eligibility criteria, please visit our Scholarships page and create a profile.

Contact Us

Financial Aid Office