Our Business Office and Student Accounts specialists are here to help you set up payments or payment plans for classes, assist with refunds, explain your account balance, or any other financial questions you have about your TC account.
Learn about the different ways you can set up payment to Texarkana College.
- Allows students to make a one-time payment for the full balance due on account. Use your myTC account to make a secure online payment. Students can pay their account conveniently 24/7 online from any internet connection, using VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit cards or any debit card. *For password or login assistance, contact the TC Service Desk at 903-823-3030.
- Step-by-Step Instructions to make online payments
- Log in to myTC and click the Student Tab at the top of the page. At the bottom left, click My Account. There, you will be able to view your charges for each semester, as well as an account balance. This does not include Financial Aid awards.
- From here, you can pay online with a credit card. Once you are in the Shopping Cart, you will see a section for Parent PIN. Here, you can give your parents access to make payments on your account online.
- About Online Payments
- If students fail to pay their student account balance or any monies due and owed to Texarkana College by the scheduled due date, and fail to make acceptable payment arrangements to bring their account to current, Texarkana College may refer their delinquent account to a collection agency. Student is responsible for paying the collection agency fee which may be based on a percentage of delinquent account, together with all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, necessary for the collection of the delinquent account. The delinquent account may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus.
- Allows students to enroll in a payment plan for current semester tuition and fees. Texarkana College offers payment plan options for students enrolled in regular semesters. Payment plans are not offered for mini semester courses. Payment plans vary by semester and registration date. All student payment plans are set up online using your myTC account. Payment plans for current semesters are not available in person. *For password or login assistance, contact the TC Help Desk at 903-823-3030.
- A student who fails to make full payment for their balance due, including incidental fees, by the final payment due date will be prohibited from registering for classes until the balance due is paid in full. A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the work done that semester.
- The payee (Texarkana College) reserves the right to withdraw the student from class if the Note (balance due) is not paid in full by the final payment due date. If the Promiser (student) is withdrawn and subsequently pays the balance due in full, the Promiser may petition the Registrar, through Enrollment Services, for reinstatement.
- Students who default on an installment plan through Nelnet may have future installment plan privileges revoked by Texarkana College.
- To set up a payment plan using College Green via Herring Bank:
- Go to my.texarkanacollege.edu
- Log in and go to the Student tab
- Select Billing and Payments from the menu
- Look for the Setup a Payment Plan heading
- Click My Account Balances to update your account balance
- Select the Year and Term from the dropdown
- Click Setup a Payment Plan
- If one of the above methods is not convenient, students can pay in person at the Student Accounts window located downstairs in the Administration Building on campus.
- We accept the following methods of payment in person:
- Money Order
- We accept the following methods of payment in person:
- Failure to meet payment deadlines will result in being dropped from all registered classes. Payments must be made or arranged by the following deadlines:
- March 9, 2022: Spring 2022 (2nd-8 weeks) payment deadline
Additional Payment Options
Explore the alternative payment options available to students.
- If you have financial aid and you have received notification from our Financial Aid office that your award has been processed, you should be able to view these awards online. Once your awards have been finalized, Financial Aid will process this onto your Student Account. You will not have to come on campus to take paperwork from one office to another as you did in the past. This process in now online and your financial aid will post to your account as a payment against your tuition/fee charges.
- You should go online to review your account to make sure your charges and financial aid have posted properly. If there is an issue you can notify the proper office regarding your question. If your financial aid award is more than your charges, you will receive your refund onto our new Higher One Card. (See Refund Section)
- Check Your Financial Aid Status Here
- Payments using exemptions and waivers
- State law requires that students who receive exemption and/or waivers to tuition and fee charges make due progress toward the completion or a degree or certificate in order to continue receiving benefits. At Texarkana College, students receiving exemptions and/or waivers to tuition and fee charges must maintain all requirements listed in the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress (FA SAP). These requirements can be found at: https://www.texarkanacollege.edu/admfinaid/finaid/satisfactory-academic-progress/
- Payments using third party referrals
- If you have a Third Party paying for your tuition (for example, Texas Rehab, WIA, or others), we must have the paperwork (referral) from the agency in order to post that to your account. It is your responsibility to make sure the agency has provided this document to the Texarkana College Business Office by the deadline of your payment. Once the Business Office has your referral, it will be posted to your Student Account as a payment against your tuition/fee charges – depending on what your Third Party agrees to pay.
- You should go online to review your Student Account to make sure your charges and Third Party payments have posted properly. If there is an issue you can notify the Business Office regarding your question or your Third Party if needed.
Find information about refunds and the return of payments to students here.
- To be eligible for a refund, students must officially drop individual courses or completely withdraw from the College by the deadline in the Refund Schedule. Students may find the specific dates for the Refund Schedule online for each term. Specific provision of the Texas Administrative Code, Title 19, Part I, Chapter 21, Subchapter A, Rule 21.5 “Refund of Tuition and Fees at Public Community/Junior and Technical Colleges,” governs the refund schedule. Only the Texas Legislature or the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, authorized by the Legislature, can alter this schedule.
- Certain fees are not refundable. Please check with the Student Accounts Office for specific fees. A class day is defined as any day which classes are held at the College – not just the particular class you are enrolled in and have dropped – (classes are normally Monday through Friday).
- All students have to make a refund choice.
- To make a refund choice, log in to your myTC account. You have two choices when you log in:
- Have your refund go to your own personal bank account
- Have your refund go to your new myTCmoney card issued by Herring Bank.
- If you choose the student checking account offered by Herring bank, your student refund card will be mailed to you (the address on file with Texarkana College). Please make sure you keep your address current and if you move, notify Herring Bank and the Enrollment Services office at Texarkana College.
- The College will process refunds only after completion of all other registration responsibilities.
- The Official “Last Day to Drop” is not the same as dropping a class and being eligible for a refund. Contact Student Accounts for dates applicable to your semester and drop date to see if you might be eligible for a refund. Dates and percentages vary depending on the length of the semester.
- Any term other than a 16-week term will have refund dates adjusted according to state refund policies. Please look online for term specific refund dates or contact Student Accounts.
- If you are on the Installment Payment Plan and have no made all installments, your refund may apply to any outstanding payments.
- Unlike grant aid, Texarkana College disburses all student loans in two payments per semester rather than just one. Students will receive refunds from the first half of their loans a little over a month after school begins. Refunds for the second half of student loans will occur shortly after midterm.
- Grant and scholarship aid disbursements will not be affected by this change.
- February 21, 2022 – Financial Aid Disbursement
- March 4, 2022 – Anticipated Financial Aid Refund
- March 22, 2022 – Financial Aid Disbursement
- April 4, 2022 – Anticipated Financial Aid Refund
- Title IV funds drawn down from the G5 system are automatically deposited into a separate interest-bearing bank account that is reconciled on a monthly basis. The interest earned on these funds will also be reconciled on a monthly basis and any interest earned in excess of $500 will be returned to the Department through the G5 system by June 30th of the current award year.
Hours of Operation
The Student Accounts window is located on the first floor of the Nelson Administration Building.
The Business Office is located on the second floor of the Nelson Administration Building.
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: Closed