Federal Emergency Relief Fund for TC Students
Texarkana College has been awarded funds through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, a federal grand funded by the CARES Act, to provide financial grants for eligible TC students who have occurred expenses related to disruptions to their education due to COVID-19.
Who is eligible?
If you have encountered expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19—such as utilities, internet, study space, computer, printer, etc.—you may be eligible for a financial grant through the CARES Act. These grants do not have to be repaid and will not affect your financial aid. The deadline for Spring 2020 students to apply for the CARES Act emergency aid is Friday, May 22, 2020.
Steps to Apply
- Fill out the online application. (requires login)
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have already submitted a FAFSA for the 2019-2020 school year, step 2 is not required.
- You will be contacted by TC via email. (Due to a high volume of applications, please allow for up to five business days.)
Eligibility & Requirements
Students receiving aid must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in at least ONE face-to-face credit course at Texarkana College
- Must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at TC
- Cannot be concurrently enrolled at another college or university where you could also be receiving CARES Act funds
- Cannot be a current high school student
- Must have completed a 2019-2020 financial aid application (FAFSA) – Submit the FAFSA now.
- Must be eligible for federal student aid. View eligibility requirements.
- Cannot be on financial aid suspension
- Must be in good Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)