Free job training opportunity for workers laid off from RRAD or its contractors
If you’ve been laid off from Red River Army Depot or one of its contractors within the last year, you may qualify to receive funding from Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas to attend a workforce training program at Texarkana College beginning Spring 2019.
Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas may be able to assist you with the costs of approved books, tuition, and fees for programs leading to careers in high-demand occupations.
To be eligible for this funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Laid off from Red River Army Depot or one of its contractors within the last year
- U.S. citizen or legal resident alien
- Registered with Selective Service (if male)
Texarkana College programs covered include the following areas:
- Computer Technology & Networking
- Electronics Technology/Instrumentation
- Construction Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Air Conditioning/Heating & Refrigeration Technology
- Automotive & Diesel Technology
- Nursing & Health Careers
- Business Administration
- Office Careers
Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas, in partnership with Texarkana College, has scheduled intake sessions for laid off workers who meet those criteria to begin the college enrollment process.
Sign up for an intake session online or call Shannon Goodrum at (903) 794-4163 ext. 129 for more information.
Related to College Wide, Community, Featured, News, Paying for College