Please note, you must arrive at least one hour before closing to take tests.
If you show up later you will not be admitted into the testing center.
Current TC Students, in order to take a test you will need the following:
- Your CURRENT STUDENT PICTURE ID, Higher one card or a valid picture ID (driver’s license/state ID) along with documentation of Student ID number…
- The name of your instructor.
- The name and section of the course.
- The name of the test or exam you wish to take.
Testing Room Policies:
- No electronic devices, backpacks, cell phones, cigarettes, computers, laptops, extra scantrons, food or drinks, hats, HEAVY jackets and coats, pagers, personal items, purses and wallets, sunglasses, tobacco, *notes, *books, *calculators. (*unless approved by instructor)
- No children in testing area. No children in the hallway unless supervised by an adult.
- No appointments for TC Instructor required exams… first come, first served.
- The Center is equipped with cameras and audio surveillance.
Cheating policy (from the TC Student Handbook)
Students found guilty of academic dishonesty in the center will be dropped with an “F” from the course in which he/she is cheating. If one student is caught taking a test for another, both will be dropped from the course with an “F”.
This policy will be strictly enforced and there will be no exceptions.
Testing Center hours
Posted hours are subject to change and will reflect the same closures and early dismissals as the Texarkana College campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
A2/HESI, Ability To Benefit (ATB), ACT, ASE, College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Cooper Tire, General Educational Development (GED), Iso-Quality, Keyboard Proficiency, Pearson Vue, Proctored/Correspondence Exams, SAT, SouthWest Tow Operators, Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), Texas Commission on Fire Protection, Texas Success Initiative (TSI), Texas Higher Education Assessment Internet Based Test (THEA IBT), USPS (PSI), and VCT – Virtual College of Texas.
Generally there are no bathroom breaks; however, some state and national exams and some instructors allow depending on the exam.
A valid state or student picture ID is required. Some state and national exams require more. You will need a scantron or calculator if required by your instructor.
Depending on the test you are taking; some scores are immediate, others depend on the instructor or the testing company.
A placement test determines what level you are at so that you are enrolled in the correct classes.
Most placement tests can be taken again within 30 days.
It depends on the hours of operation and the test.
No children are allowed in the testing area.
For the computerized placement tests, there is a built in calculator. For THEA, a basic calculator is allowed. For instructor exams, it is determined by the instructor and type of exam.
No electronics are allowed in the Assessment and Testing Center. All cellphones must be turned completely off and left in waiting area.
First contact your instructor to see if the test has been delivered. If you want to make sure it is there, you may call the Assessment and Testing Center at 903-823-3278.
For other questions or concerns, you may call the Assessment and Testing Center and speak with our informative proctors at 903-823-3278 or Robert Guillory – Testing Center Coordinator at 903-823-3340.