Make your summer count!
Enroll as a transient student and earn credits at Texarkana College that you can transfer back to your four-year college or university when you return in the fall.
Transient students are applicants who are currently attending another college or university and want to attend Texarkana College for one semester, then return to their home school.
To be considered for this applicant status, you must:
- Be enrolled at another college or university and plan to return to that institution to complete your degree requirements
- Submit a student application at www.applytexas.org and choose “Transient – non degree seeking” as your student admission basis
- Provide current unofficial transcript from the college or university you are currently attending
- If you’re under 22 years of age and taking in-person classes on campus, you’ll need to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination at least 10 days before your first day of class.
Summer 2020 Schedule
View the summer schedule.
- May Mini-Mester // May 18-29 (2 weeks))
- Summer I // June 1-July 2 (5 weeks)
- Summer II // July 6-August 7 (5 weeks)
- Summer 10-Week // June 1-August 7
- Summer Workforce & LVN // May 18-August 7
College credit in just ten days? You bet!
With Texarkana College’s May Mini-Mester, you can knock out an entire college class in just ten days—or just two weeks. The 2020 May Mini-Mester runs May 18-29 and all classes will take place online.
May 2020 Mini-Mester Classes (subject to change; search schedule for the most up-to-date information).
Composition I // ENGL 1301
Composition II // ENGL 1302
Federal Government // GOVT 2305
Texas Government // GOVT 2306
United States History I // HIST 1301
Introduction to Ethics // PHIL 2306
Learning Framework // PSYC 1300
General Psychology // PSYC 2301
Lifespan Growth & Development // PSYC 2314
Beginning Spanish I // SPAN 1411
Beginning Spanish II // SPAN 1412
Intermediate Spanish I // SPAN 2311
Intermediate Spanish II // SPAN 2312
Public Speaking // SPCH 1315
Registering is easy!
Submit a student application at www.applytexas.org and choose “Transient – non degree seeking” as your student admission basis.
2. Submit transcript.
Send a current unofficial transcript to email@example.com or mail to Office of Admissions, Texarkana College, 2500 N. Robison Rd., Texarkana, TX 75599
3. Submit immunization records.
If you’re under 22 years of age and taking in-person classes on campus, you’ll need to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination at least 10 days before your first day of class. If you’re taking classes online and the class doesn’t meet in person, this isn’t required.
4. Speak with an advisor.
Call (903) 823-3012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call with an advisor.
5. Pay for classes.
View payment options and payment deadlines. If you register after the payment deadline has passed, you need to pay on the same day.