Want to register for classes as a transient student? This checklist will help guide you through the process.
Coming home from college for the summer?
Let us help you get ahead. Enroll as a transient student and earn credits at Texarkana College that you can transfer back to your four-year college or university when you return in the fall.
Transient students are applicants who are currently attending another college or university and want to attend Texarkana College for one semester, then return to their home school.
To be considered for this applicant status, you must:
- Be enrolled at another college or university and plan to return to that institution to complete your degree requirements.
- Submit a student application at www.applytexas.org and choose “Transient – non degree seeking” as your student admission basis.
- Provide current transcript from the college or university you are currently attending.
- Provide proof of meningitis immunization if under 22 years of age.
- Students wishing to seek transient status for two consecutive semesters must provide a written statement from the registrar or academic dean at their institution recommending continued admission to Texarkana College.
PLEASE NOTE: Transient students who plan to transfer to Texarkana College must apply for readmission and meet all transfer student guidelines as outlined in the college catalog.