Immediate Emergency Notification Policy & Procedures
Upon confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of the Campus Community, Texarkana College authorities will, without delay, distribute an alert of notification to the Campus Community, unless issuing an alert will, in the judgment of first responders, compromise the efforts to assist victims, or contain, respond to or mitigate the emergency.
The following represents the emergency notification procedure:
- Confirmation of an incident that threatens the health or safety of the College community is conducted by the Department of Public Safety and/or Facilities Department.
- Activation of the emergency notification systems is authorized by the President of the College, Dean of Students, Chief Instructional Officer and/or the Executive Director of Public Safety and Police Services.
- A message alerting the College community of the threat is crafted by authorities in the Department of Public Safety Office.
- Notification to neighboring institutions, local businesses &/ or the media will be conducted by the Office of Public Relations or designated staff member.
- Immediate notification of a threat to the health and /or safety of College members may be distributed to either a segment of the population or the entire campus community, depending on the scope of the threat. The methods of notification may include activation of the Rave Alert, email, or postings within campus buildings and/or the College website.
Students are automatically signed up upon successful completion of the academic registration process at Texarkana College. Faculty and staff are encouraged to sign up and can register for the emergency notification system by visiting Get Rave.