Current and newly enrolled Texarkana College students impacted by COVID-19 who are pursuing a degree or certificate may apply for an emergency grant to help pay for expenses associated with attending college. The emergency aid funds have been made available from a generous grant by the T.L.L. Temple Foundation with the intent to provide support to students who have experienced financial strain or disruption due the pandemic.
Eligibility for funding includes:
- Must be currently enrolled in credit course at Texarkana College
- Must be certificate or degree seeking student with Texarkana College
- Must be a high school graduate or have received a certificate of high school equivalency
- Must not have previously received financial assistance through this fund for the current semester
- Must demonstrate an immediate financial hardship and explain why funds are needed
- Priority will be given to college ready students, with urgent financial needs that are not covered by other federal, state, or institutional aid and who are seeking credentials that lead to opportunities in high-demand, high-wage careers.
- Must have completed a FASFA or TASFA for 2020-2021
Funds may be used for the following:
- Tuition, fees, and related enrollment charges that are not covered through federal, state, and institutional financial aid.
- Textbooks and course materials or equipment
- Technology for remote learning
Current TC Student Applicants:
Must be meeting satisfactory academic progress standards (SAP) at TC to receive award.
New TC Student Applicants:
All students must first complete a FASFA/TASFA application, apply to Texarkana College through Apply Texas portal, and enroll in Texarkana College courses to be eligible for funding.