In compliance with Section 18004(e) of the CARES Act;

  1. Texarkana College signed and returned to the Department, the Certification and Agreement for the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, and will use no less than 50% of the funds to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.  Subsequent grant award notifications for CRRSAA and ARP state by drawing down the funds, TC  agreed to be bound by each grant’s specific conditions.
  2. The total amount of funds that Texarkana College received for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students is $1,284,169.  CRRSSA award amount is $1,284,169.  ARP award amount is $5,052,328.
  3. The amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under section 18000(a)(1) of the CARES Act, CRRSSA, and ARP include:
    1. Friday, May 8, 2020 – $297,600.00
    2. Thursday, May 14, 2020 – $94,200.00
    3. Thursday, May 21, 2020 – $58,800.00
    4. Thursday, May 28, 2020 – $19,200.00
    5. Thursday, June 25, 2020 – $122,400.00
    6. Thursday, July 9, 2020 – $43,800
    7. Thursday, August 6, 2020 – $15,600
    8. Monday, August 10, 2020 – $1,200
    9. Thursday, October 29, 2020 – $545,000
    10. Thursday, November 5, 2020 – $64,000
    11. Wednesday, November 18, 2020 – $22,000
    12. Thursday, March 11, 2021 – $421,000
    13. Friday, March 12, 2021 – $122,000
    14. Monday, April 12, 2021 – $103,000
    15. Wednesday, April 14, 2021 – $32,000
    16. Thursday, May 6, 2021 – $31,000
    17. Friday, May 7, 2021 – $5,000
    18. Monday, June 21, 2021 – $79,000
    19. Tuesday, June 22, 2021 – $263,000
    20. Thursday, June 24, 2021 – $2,000
    21. Monday, July 26, 2021 – $30,000
    22. Wednesday, August 4, 2021 – $178,000
  4. The estimated total number of students at Texarkana College eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,700, CRRSAA is estimated to be 2,200.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act include:
    1. May 8, 2020 – 496 students
    2. May 14, 2020 – 157 students
    3. May 21, 2020 – 98 students
    4. May 28, 2020 – 32 students
    5. June 25, 2020 – 204 students
    6. July 9, 2020 – 73 students
    7. August 6, 2020 – 26 students
    8. August 10, 2020 – 2 students
    9. October 29, 2020 – 545 students
    10. November 5, 2020 – 64 students
    11. November 18, 2020 – 22 students
    12. March 11, 2021 – 421 students
    13. March 12, 2021 – 122 students
    14. April 12, 2021 – 103 students
    15. April 14, 2021 – 32 students
    16. May 6, 2021 – 31 students
    17. May 7, 2021 – 5 students
    18. June 21, 2021 – 79 students
    19. June 22, 2021 – 263 students
    20. June 24, 2021 – 2 students
    21. July 26, 2021 – 30 students
    22. August 4, 2021 – 178 students
  6. Texarkana College formed a committee of faculty, staff, and administrators to establish the criteria for awarding the grants.  We determined the total number of students that would currently be eligible for the grants and allocated 75% of the total funding to those students for the spring semester.  The remaining 25% was reserved for additional emergency aid grants for summer and fall, if funds remain available. The initial amount awarded to all eligible students that applied for the spring semester was an award of $600.  The award amounts remained $600 for the summer semester.  After a review of the number of Fall applications and due to the increase in COVID cases in our area, the maximum award amount for the fall was increased to $1,000.  Award amounts for spring and summer remained $1,000.
  7. Students were provided guidance that the funds received should be directed toward expenses related to disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.