Federal Emergency Relief Fund for TC Students
Texarkana College has been awarded funds through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, a federal grant funded by the CARES Act, to provide financial grants for eligible TC students who have occurred expenses related to disruptions to their education due to COVID-19.
The Federal CARES Act grants are subject to the availability of Federal Cares Act funds.
Who is eligible?
If you have encountered expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19—such as utilities, internet, study space, computer, printer, etc.—you may be eligible for a financial grant through the CARES Act. These grants do not have to be repaid and will not affect your financial aid.
Steps to Apply
- Fill out the online application. (requires login)
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have already submitted a FAFSA for the 2020-2021 school year, step 2 is not required.
- You will be contacted by TC via email once your application has been processed.
Eligibility & Requirements
Students receiving aid must meet the following qualifications:
- A student who was enrolled exclusively in an online program on March 13, 2020, was not eligible for HEERF/CARES Act and will never be eligible for HEERF/CARES Act in future terms regardless of his or her online enrollment status in future terms/payment periods. A student who was NOT enrolled exclusively in an online program on March 13, 2020, was eligible for HEERF/CARES Act and continues to be eligible for HEERF/CARES Act in future terms/payment periods regardless of whether he or she is enrolled exclusively in an online program in future periods; this includes continuing and incoming students.
- Must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at TC and must be currently enrolled in classes at point of disbursement.
- Cannot be concurrently enrolled at another college or university where you could also be receiving CARES Act funds
- Cannot be a current high school student
- Must have completed a 2020-2021 financial aid application (FAFSA) – Submit the FAFSA now.
- Must be eligible for federal student aid. View eligibility requirements.
- Cannot be on financial aid suspension
- Must be in good Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)