The Texarkana College Student Government Association is established with the express purposes of advising the President of the College, Vice President of Instruction, and Dean of Students, encouraging student groups, creating new groups as the need arises, channeling requests for the information and /or action to the appropriate authority, and assessing the administration of the college community’s needs and interests and to aid Admissions and Recruitment in planning activities.
The Student Government of Texarkana College is composed of a popularly elected President and Vice-President, as well as a Secretary, Parliamentarian, and Public Relations Officer and six Executive Board members comprised of representatives of the various clubs and programs across the college. The Student Government is a service organization which assumes leadership promoting worthwhile student enterprises. It also serves as an advisory organization representing the student body in its relationship with the faculty and administration. Students who are elected to serve on the Student Government receive valuable training and experience in civic leadership.
Executive Board Meetings are held weekly (Monday 2pm). The Executive Board meets in the Student Government room, Social Science building Room 11.
YOUR SGA EXECUTIVE BOARD:
- PRESIDENT: Billy Brown, Jr.
- VICE-PRESIDENT: Hunter Harris
- SECRETARY/TREASURER: Brittney Dirck
- PARLIAMENTARIAN: Anastasia Lavender
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/HISTORIAN: Emily Orr
- SENATORS: Corey Robinson, Keelicia Gipson, Brandon Sampy, William Pool, Jordan Ott, Mollie Fox
- Representatives: Jeremy Beach, Faith Harper, Sheena Lovelace, Rhett Thompson, Jamarus Johnson
Prof. Doug Saffel
Phone: (903) 823-3228; Office ‘L’ Social Science Building