The Pinkerton Health and Recreation Complex is one of the finest campus recreational facilities in Texas. It offers the student, faculty, and staff of Texarkana College as well as community members in the Texarkana area, the opportunity to participate in many indoor and outdoor recreation activities. The 28,000 square foot athletic facility, combined with the 30,000 square foot Aquatic Center, makes this complex a participant’s delight.
- Olympic Indoor Pool
- Eight Lighted Tennis Courts
- Dressing Rooms/Showers/Lockers/Saunas
- Four Racquetball Courts
- Full Cam II Weight Facility
- 1/2 Mile jogging track
- Exercise/Aerobics/Dance Studio
- Multi-Use Gym Area: Basketball/Volleyball/Badminton/Tennis
- Fitness Room: Stationary Bicycles, Treadmills, Stairmasters w/televisions
The complex was designed and is maintained with the students of Texarkana College in mind. At certain times part of the facility will be utilized by classes, and community members and general students must work around these times. Credit and non-credit classes are given priority.
All students who are currently enrolled at Texarkana College who carry the appropriate ID may enter and use the facility. All full-time faculty and staff of TC, spouses and children 16 years or older and currently carried on parents’ insurance, may also use the facility.
Students and community members may bring two guests per visit, as long as they are age 16 and over, at a cost of $5.00 per person per visit. Members must present their ID card for admittance to the facility.
|Members (age 16-59)|
|Initial Membership donation||$125.00|
|Seniors (age 60+)|
|Initial Membership donation||$75.00|
Community members should contact the Texarkana College Business Office (903-823-3331) regarding payment of dues.
Unless you terminate your membership, you are responsible for all monthly dues, even if you do not use the facility. If you skip a month/s, you must pay for those months along with the current month you wish to use the facility. For example, if you pay for February and March and then do not use the facility during April and May – when you return to use the facility and pay for the month of June, you must also pay for April and May.
Corporate memberships are available with a minimum of 10 members from each organization joining at the rate of $25.00 each per month, plus the donation of $125.00 per organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no charge to TC students/faculty/staff with a current ID card– be sure to bring it with you each time you come in because all patrons must present an ID card at our front desk for admittance.
Of course—in fact, you can have 2 guests per visit at a charge of $5.00 each per visit as long as they are age 16 and over.
The only time that children are allowed in the PRC is during our Family Swim which is on Saturdays from 10am-12 noon and on Sundays from 1pm-3pm.
Pool Hours: M-F: 12noon -1:30pm and 5:30pm-9pm; Sat: 10am-4pm; Sunday: 1pm-5pm
Lockers are available for use while you are in the PRC. Please bring a lock to secure your belongings, but remove the lock along with your stuff whenever you get ready to leave.
No ID card is required if coming in for a credit class, but please stop and check in at the front desk if you plan to stay after class to work out-an ID will be required for you to stay.
Loose, comfortable clothing is the best choice and shirts and shoes are always required. Court shoes are also required if using the gym and racquetball courts.
Of course! All 8 tennis courts are usable after dark—just check with the front desk to have the lights turned on. Occasionally, the tennis courts will be reserved for tournaments, but signs will always be posted beforehand letting you know the dates.
Twice—the walking track is a ½ mile long so it takes two times around to equal a mile
Yes, you can use the Aerobics Room anytime that a class is not in session—be sure to bring your own music!
Yes you can! You can use a court for up to 2 hours and can reserve it 24 hours in advance
Yes, our pool is heated—the normal temp ranges from 82 to 84 degrees.
We have the following events scheduled for the month of March 2015:
- Thursday, March 05: Pleasant Grove Tennis Tournament—All courts reserved per Katie Whitecotton–approved by Rusty Tarwater, Tennis Instructor
- Friday, March 06: Pleasant Grove Tennis Tournament—All courts reserved per Katie Whitecotton–approved by Rusty Tarwater, Tennis Instructor
- Monday, March 09: PRC Opens 12noon (Spring Break Week) Gym: 12noon till 9pm; Pool: 12noon till 1:30pm, 5:30pm till 9pm
- Tuesday, March 10: PRC Opens 12noon (Spring Break Week) Gym: 12noon till 9pm; Pool: 12noon till 1:30pm, 5:30pm till 9pm
- Wednesday, March 11: PRC Opens 12noon (Spring Break Week) Gym: 12noon till 9pm; Pool: 12noon till 1:30pm, 5:30pm till 9pm
- Thursday, March 12: PRC Opens 12noon (Spring Break Week) Gym: 12noon till 9pm; Pool: 12noon till 1:30pm, 5:30pm till 9pm
- Friday, March 13: PRC Opens 12noon (Spring Break Week) Gym: 12noon till 9pm; Pool: 12noon till 1:30pm, 5:30pm till 9pm
- Saturday, March 14: Lifeguarding Class–PRC pool 10am till 4pm (Instruction takes place during pool hours)
- Sunday, March 15: Lifeguarding Class—PRC pool 1pm till 5pm (Instruction takes place during pool hours)
- Friday, March 20: Lifeguarding Class—PRC pool 5pm till 9pm (Instruction takes place during pool hours)
- Saturday, March 21: Lifeguarding Class—PRC pool 10am till 4pm (Instruction takes place during pool hours)
- Sunday, March 22: Lifeguarding Class—PRC pool 1pm till 5pm (Instruction takes place during pool hours)
- Monday, March 23: Boy Scouts Physicals and Swim Tests—5:30pm till 9pm–PRC Pool and locker rooms will be “Closed” during this event
- Saturday, March 28: TISD Middle School Swim Meet—12noon till 4pm (Pool will open from 10am till 12noon)per TISD swim coach Carl Auel