Texarkana College’s staff of professional advisors are available to devote personal attention to everyone in the college community. The Advising and Retention Department is located on the first floor of the Administration Building. Students are seen on a walk in basis or by scheduled appointment.
Services available are:
- Career advisement regarding vocational career options, occupational information, self-appraisal of interests, aptitudes, and abilities.
- Academic advisement regarding appropriate choices of courses, educational plans, study skills, and transferability of courses.
- Confidential personal advising regarding adjustment and life decisions.
- Standardized testing to provide additional information about interests, aptitudes, and abilities necessary for planning and making decisions.
- Job placement for off campus opportunities.