Testing fees can be found at: Tuition, Fees, and Exemptions – Testing
The A2 (Admission Assessment) test is required of ALL Associate Degree Nursing applicants.
- To qualify for acceptance or readmission into the ADN program, applicants must score 75 or above (on the same test date) on the three required areas: Reading Comprehension, Math, and Grammar.
- The test must be taken at Texarkana College.
- You may take one re-test per academic year, provided there is a time lapse of at least 3 months between tests.
- Test scores may not be “carried over” from one year to the next. If an applicant does not get admitted to the program in a given year he/she must retest for the next admission sequence.
Register with Karen Holt in the Dr. William R. Patterson Health Sciences Center. Once you have received your admission ticket then proceed to the Assessment and Testing Center to complete registration. The test fee is required at time of registration. The Center accepts check, credit card, money order or correct dollar amount in cash. The cost of the test is non-refundable and non-transferable to another test date.
***Register Early as space is limited.***
The test will cover the following material:
- Reading Comprehension (47 items) – Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc.
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge (50 items) – Contains vocabulary terms that are used commonly in both general English speaking and in the health care fields.
- Grammar (50 items) – Contains basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses in grammar, commonly occurring grammatical errors, etc.
- Basic Math Skills (50 items) – Focuses on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, general math facts, etc.
- Biology (25 items) – Covers biology basics, water, biological molecules, metabolism, cells, cellular respiration, photosynthesis, etc.
- Chemistry (25 items) – Contains test items that cover matter, chemical equations and reactions, the periodic table, atomic structure, nuclear chemistry, chemical bonding, etc.
- Anatomy & Physiology (25 items) – Provides coverage of general terminology and anatomical structures and systems.
- Personality Profile (15 items) and Learning Style (14 items) – Classifies the student’s personality style and learning style.
You need to set up your Evolve username and password before you test.
- Click MY EVOLVE (Top left corner)
- Create an account (If this is your 1st time taking A2) If not use previous username and password. If you have forgotten your login information click on need help logging in?
During the week of the testing:
- Report to the Center during the day and time you sign up for.
- You must bring a valid picture ID (i.e., driver’s license, school yearbook, school ID or passport).
- Do not bring a calculator. One will be built into the program.
- You will have 4 ½ hours to work on the test. You are free to leave when you’re finished.
- You need your Evolve username and password. The Evolve account is set up through the Center as part of your registration completion.
There is a study guide available for sale at the Texarkana College bookstore.