Learn more about the Presidential Scholars
Presidential Scholarship recipients receive automatic acceptance into the Honors College. Learn about scholarships available at Texarkana College.
Others may apply for selection by the Honors College Selection Committee by meeting academic qualifications, submitting the Honors College Application along with two essays, and a letter of recommendation from a school administrator, counselor, or faculty member.
- Rank in the top 15% of graduation class or rank in top 10 students with a high school GPA of 3.25. Automatic acceptance in contingent upon student’s designation as college ready as defined by the Texas Success Initiative.
- First time in college student with a high school GPA of 3.25 with essay application may apply.
Presidential Scholarship recipients receive automatic acceptance into the Honors College. The Presidential Scholarship and Honors College are contingent upon the student being designated as college ready as defined by the Texas Success Initiative.
Program Graduation Requirements
- Participate in a Learning Community
- 30 documented hours community service
- Must maintain 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Fulfill all other degree requirements to graduate with an associate degree from Texarkana College
- Honors College designation on diploma and transcripts.
- Honor medallion to be worn at graduation.
- Honors classes have small class sizes with priority registration.
- Speaker forums and film nights are exclusively designed for Honors students.
- Service Learning Component.
- Assistance with Internship in field of study.
- Social, cultural, and travel opportunities.
- Special considerations for existing programs, such as the Eldridge Scholarship.
To provide a unique opportunity for exceptional students to engage in a community of scholars focused on in-depth studies with an emphasis on leadership, service, critical and innovative thinking, professional communications as well as a view of current events from global perspectives.