2015 – 2016
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|September 12, 2015||August 7, 2015||August 8–21, 2015|
|October 24, 2015||September 18, 2015||September 19–October 2, 2015|
|December 12, 2015||November 6, 2015||November 7–20, 2015|
|February 6, 2016*||January 8, 2016||January 9–15, 2016|
|April 9, 2016||March 4, 2016||March 5–18, 2016|
2016 – 2017
|September 10, 2016|
|October 22, 2016|
|December 10, 2016|
|February 11, 2017*|
|April 8, 2017|
|June 10, 2017|
- Registration deadlines for 2016–2017 will be announced in March 2016.
You may register at www.actstudent.org. Study information can be found at that site as well.
Current ACT Fees and Services
All fees are nonrefundable unless otherwise noted.
For information on ACT Fee Waivers, see Am I eligible for a fee waiver?
Test fee per test option
ACT (No Writing)
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four college choices (if valid codes are provided when you register).
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four college choices (if valid codes are provided when you register). The $17.00 writing test fee is refundable, on written request, if you are absent on test day or switch to the ACT (No Writing) before testing begins.
Additional registration fees and services
Add to the test fee for your test option (except for the Test Center Change)
Score reports for 5th and 6th college choices
add $12.00 each
Requested online before the test date; refundable on written request, if you do not test. Find out how much it costs to send your scores after you test.
Late registration fee (U.S. or Canada only)
For registration or test date change submitted during the late period for a national test date.
Refunded if you are denied admission to the test center on test day, or if your registration was cancelled due to no photo provided.
International testing (required outside the U.S. or Canada)
Test date change
For different date only if absent or unable to test on the original test date or if your registration is cancelled for failure to meet ACT’s test security requirements. You will be charged the basic registration fee for the new test date plus the test date change fee. If you request a test date change after the regular deadline for the new date, you will also be charged the late registration fee. Your basic registration fee for the original test date will be refunded.
For the same test date.
On December, April, and June national test dates at a national test center; refundable if not available.
Test Day Checklist
more info at the ACT official website
ID requirements have changed. You need both a printed copy of your ticket and acceptable photo ID to test.
- Report to your assigned test center by the Reporting Time (8:00 a.m.) listed on your ticket. You will NOT be admitted to test if you are late.
- Bring a printed copy of your ticket to the test center. You will not be admitted to test if you do not have a printed copy of your ticket.
- Bring acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test if your ID does not meet ACT’s requirements.
- Testing staff will check your photo ID and ticket, admit you to your test room, direct you to a seat, and provide test materials.
- Be ready to begin testing after all examinees present at 8:00 a.m. are checked in and seated.
- Please note that ACT may visit test centers to conduct enhanced test security procedures including, but not limited to, collecting images of examinees during check-in or other security activities on test day.
- Do not engage in any prohibited behavior at the test center. If you do, you will be dismissed and your answer document will not be scored. Note: For National and International Testing, you will be asked to sign a statement on the front cover of your test booklet agreeing to this policy.
- Once you break the seal on your test booklet, you cannot later request a Test Date Change, even if you do not complete all your tests.
- You may use a permitted calculator on the Mathematics Test only. Some models and features are prohibited. You are responsible for knowing if your calculator is permitted and bringing it to the test center.
- The following rules also apply to using your calculator:
- you may use it only during the Mathematics Test;
- you may use your backup calculator only after it has been checked by a member of the testing staff;
- you may not share your calculator; and
- you may not store test materials in your calculator’s memory
- If your calculator has characters one inch high or larger, or a raised display, testing staff may seat you where no other examinee can see your calculator.
- A short break is scheduled after the first two tests. You will not be allowed to use cell phones or any electronic devices during the break, and you may not eat or drink anything in the test room. (If you take the ACT Plus Writing, you will have time before the Writing Test to relax and sharpen your pencils.)
- Students taking the ACT (No Writing) with standard time are normally dismissed about 12:15 p.m.; students taking the ACT Plus Writing are normally dismissed about 1:00 p.m.
- On some test dates, ACT tries out questions to develop future versions of the tests. You may be asked to take a fifth test, the results of which will not be reflected in your reported scores. The fifth test could be multiple-choice or one for which you will create your own answers. Please try your best on these questions, because your participation can help shape the future of the ACT. If you are in a test room where the fifth test is administered, you will be dismissed at about 12:35 p.m.
- If you do not complete all your tests for any reason, tell a member of the testing staff whether or not you want your answer document scored before you leave the test center. If you do not, all tests attempted will be scored.
Please do not bring any unauthorized aids into the test room such as books, dictionaries, notes, scratch paper, highlighters, pens, colored pencils, correction fluid, reading material, tobacco in any form, and/or any electronic devices (for example, beepers, PDA, cell phone, headphones, camera, IPOD, etc.) .
***Cell phones are not allowed inside the test room. You can leave them in your vehicle.***