Texarkana College, in partnership with Texarkana ISD Adult Education, has received an Accelerate Texas Innovative Grant (IG) for 2013-2015 to increase participation and success of ABE students in workforce training programs.
You are invited to share in this amazing opportunity to earn your GED while attending college courses for workforce certification. Pathways targeted in this grant are certificates in CNA, Welder’s Helper, Construction Helper, Office Careers, Automotive Light Duty Service Technician, and Hospitality Management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a current and valid state issued ID (We can now serve both TX and AR residents)
- Must take a TABE baseline test or have current scores (within the last 6 months)
- Must have a working telephone number with a voice mailbox set up
- Have a working email address
- GED seekers must attend GED class until certification is received
- Attendance is expected, see TC Student Handbook Part II: Rules & Regulations
- College ready attitude
- Complete FAFSA form
- Complete High School Equivalency test
- Continue college work or workforce certification program
- Monetary assistance available for GED seekers.
- Once accepted into the AT program, you are a college student and will have full access to Texarkana College. Some of these perks include: gym, bistro, library, computer lab, student support, and lab/tutors.
- Please be aware that there is a $165.00 non-refundable tuition deposit