Programs & Services
- A dedicated Cass County education learning site with expanded course offerings, services and scheduling options including courses offered in the day, evening and online.
- Low cost dual credit programs with Cass County public school districts in TC’s service area for qualifying high school students, allowing completion of college credits while still in high school.
- Full student support services, including academic advising, admissions and records, degree and career advising, tutorial services, financial aid, veteran’s services, library services and student life, including access to a full-service health and recreation center on the main TC campus. TC provides specific outreach for veterans through the College Credit for Heroes program.
- Comprehensive and rigorous academic and workforce education programs for university transfer or career programs earning more than 70 associate degrees or certificates – some of which can be completed for entry-level jobs in one year or less. TC is an accredited member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is a leader college in a select membership of community colleges in Achieving the Dream – a national initiative committed to student success and completion of college programs.
- Seamless transitions in university transfer articulation agreements providing low-cost options to achieve a bachelor’s degree or higher, capitalizing on the affordable community college tuition structure for the first two years.
- TC partners with the Texas Workforce Commission, Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas, Chambers of Commerce, Texas Military Preparedness Commission, and Small Business Development Center to bring enhanced opportunities for economic growth and development to the region. Working with these agencies, TC will conduct an assessment for the Cass County service area to determine customized training needs to assist businesses and organizations, and courses in personal and professional development.
All Cass County residents within the Texarkana College service area would receive in-district tuition and fees. For 2016-2017, an in-district TC full time academic student pays tuition and mandatory fees of $1,310 for 15 semester credit hours (SCH). The 2016-2017 out-of-district tuition and mandatory fees is $2,105 for 15 semester credit hours (SCH). This is a cost savings of $795 per semester and $3,180 over a typical four-semester span for students earning a 60-hour academic Associate Degree.* Currently, TC students from Cass County pay the higher, out of district tuition and fees rate.
- The college district has demonstrated a very stable tax rate over the past decade and has a current adopted maintenance and operation property tax rate of $0.111 per $100 assessed property valuation.
- If voters choose to become part of the TC taxing district, property owners can expect an estimated tax rate of $0.111 beginning in January 2017.
- The maximum maintenance and operation property tax rate that the board may adopt is $0.50 per $100 assessed property valuation. The maximum debt service tax rate that the board may offer for voter approved bond referendum elections is $0.50.
- The college district currently has $0.00 tax rate per valuation for Debt Service from voter-approved bond referendum elections.
- Texarkana College offers a $5,000 exemption to taxpayers who are disabled or 65 years of age or older. In addition, these taxpayers may also qualify for a homestead tax ceiling.
Extra & Continuing Advantages
- Assured access to quality, affordable, and accessible education through Texarkana College – an institution that has served the region unconditionally since 1927 with a legacy of excellence in building generations of college graduates and a highly trained workforce.
- Representation and eligibility to vote in elections of the Texarkana College governing Board of Trustees.
- Communities gain momentum for economic growth through additional services and programs which TC is poised to provide in critically needed fields.
Cass County Tax Rate Calculations
|Taxable Property Value||$|
Annual Property Taxes
Monthly Property Taxes
This amount is an estimate and does not take into account any property tax exemptions or special circumstances. For specific questions about your property value, please contact the Cass County Appraisal District at: http://www.casscad.org/.
View the presentation
Notice about Advertising Expenses
All informational advertising, (including but not limited to mailings, brochures and signs) regarding the Cass County annexation are funded by the Texarkana College Foundation, a nonprofit organization that raises funds to support College programs and scholarships via private donations and investments. No TC tax dollars support the TC Foundation or the informational campaign regarding the Cass County annexation.