Ready to register for classes as a dual credit student? This checklist will help guide you through the process.
- Check with your high school counselor to see if you are eligible.
- If you need to take the TSI Assessment, you will need to complete the pre-assessment. You can complete the pre-assessment at https://www.texarkanacollege.edu/academics/testing-center/tsi/
- Visit TC’s Enrollment Service office to receive a ticket to test. Students must bring proof of pre-assessment, photo ID and money to pay for test.
- Turn in a copy of your TSI scores to your counselor.
- TC’s Testing Center – 903-823-3278
- Apply online at applytexas.org. Must be done at least 48 hours in advance. (New students only)
- Make sure you complete the profile and the application or you will not be in the system to register. Students should pick 2 year college and Texarkana College. Students should select dual credit and their high school for their major.
- Check with your counselor for the registration date. TC works with high schools to set dual credit registration dates each semester. Students cannot register until all required documents and payment have been turned in. Students attending a TC campus/site class must have proof of meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to class or submit a waiver.
- Learn more about the required meningitis vaccination or waiver at https://www.texarkanacollege.edu/prospective-students/meningitis-vaccine-requirement/
- Download a Dual Credit Early Admissions Registration form
Students registering after ISD registration date
- Students should check with their counselor for the dual-credit registration deadline.
- Students must bring their completed dual credit registration form, required transcript and test scores to TC in order to register. Students should obtain these documents from their counselor.
- Payments are due at the time of registration. Payments can be made at TC’s Student Accounts window located downstairs in the administration building. Payments can also be made by phone at 903-823-3040. Students who make a payment, but do not turn in all required documents are not registered.
- Students wanting to use a payment plan should check with their high school counselor before registering.