Want to register for classes as a Dual Credit student? This checklist will help guide you through the process.
Step 1: Check for Eligibility
- Check with your high school counselor to see if you are eligible. Meet with an advisor or your high school counselor for guidance in picking your best course options.
- If you need to take the TSI Assessment, you will need to complete the pre-assessment. You can complete the pre-assessment at the link below.
- Contact TC’s Enrollment Service office at 903-823-3012 to receive a ticket to test. Students must have a photo ID and pay $10.00 for each test taken. TC’s Testing Center can be contacted at 903-823-3278.
- Turn in a copy of your TSI scores to your counselor.
Step 2: Application
- Apply online at www.applytexas.org. This must be done at least 72 hours in advance (New students or students who have not taken a class within the last two semesters only).
- Make sure you complete the profile and the application or you will not be in the system to register. Students should pick 2 year college and Texarkana College. Students should select dual credit and their high school for their major. Home school students should choose undeclared. Please disregard automated emails. TC works with your high school to get all required documents.
Step 3: Registration
- Check with your counselor for the registration date. TC works with high schools to set dual credit registration dates each semester. Students cannot register until all required documents have been turned in to their counselor. Required documents for new students: Current high school transcript, approved test scores. Students attending a TC campus/site Workforce class must turn in proof of meningitis vaccination within the last 5 years at least 10 days prior to class or submit a waiver. Returning DC students: Required test scores (unless TC already has them on file).
- Learn more about the required meningitis vaccination or waiver.