This guide provides instructions on how to access your TC Teams Online courses using TC Email and a web browser.
Separate guides for using Teams on a mobile device as well as a more complete guide to using on a desktop or laptop can be found under the Student tab on the myTC portal. This intention of this guide is to get you online quickly.
Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge is recommended if using a web browser. You may experience some non-functionality if you use a different web browser.
- Browse to: https://mail.office365.com and sign in using your full TC email.
- Click Next.
- You will be redirected to a second sign-on page. Enter your username and password as shown.
- Click Ok.
- Within your TC email, you will find meeting invitations from your instructor. Opening the message or clicking RSVP and answering “Yes” adds the meeting to your calendar and removes it from your Inbox. To see ALL meetings, use the Outlook calendar.
- To open the Outlook calendar, click the calendar icon on the lower corner of webmail window.
- The calendar displays a monthly view with all online sessions your instructors have scheduled (1). When it is time to join, click the meeting time in the calendar and then click the link the “Join” button (2). You will see an option to Download Teams or Join on the Web. Click “Join on the web” (3). If prompted for access to your camera and microphone click “Allow”.
- You are almost ready to Join. Toggle both your camera and microphone to OFF (1). DO NOT USE the “Audio Off” button that is marked out in the picture. Click Join Now (2). You will be connected to the online classroom!
Although you and your TC instructors are faced with the necessity of adjusting to this unexpected shutdown of the traditional classroom, you are learning a skill that will prove extremely valuable in our online world.
We believe you will find the coursework and classroom lectures delivered through TC’s Teams online to be as engaging and interesting as face-to-face meetings. Please contact the Help Desk at 903-823-3030 if you have difficulty connecting.
Download a pdf version of Using Teams in a Web Browser.