Begin by logging in to myTC at using your username and password.



  1. Click the Student tab.
  2. Click Advising.
  3. Once the Advising page appears, click on “Click Here to view your course needs”
  4. Once your requirements appear, click on the blue hyperlink for your major. The next screen could take a few minutes to load.
  5. From here, you can look at the Course Requirements (A) and Category Requirements (B). The Course Requirements list specific courses that you will need to have. When you click on the Category Requirements, it will often bring up a list of courses from which you can choose to satisfy an academic area. Please note that Free Electives are any college-level course that is not already within the degree plan or satisfied in the core.5

    When you click on a Category Requirement, you’ll get a screen like this showing you the classes you can choose to satisfy that category:

  6. On both of the above sections, you’ll notice a link for each class that says “See available courses…” Clicking this will take you to a list of times and days that course is offered as seen below. NOTE: Please make sure you change the “Term” (A) to the term under which you’re looking to add classes (Fall, Spring, Summer, etc). If a course doesn’t show up after you search, it likely means that particular course isn’t offered for that term.6

    You can see the teacher, how many seats are open, when it is offered, and the day the class starts. You’ll also see an “Add” column on the far left. Click the box of the class you want to add and select “Add Courses.”You will then see the following screen that verifies your registration in the course you chose. From there, you can search for more courses, or you can click the link for your major (A) to view more requirements to add. Again, please ensure that you’re searching under the correct term.


  7. If you get a message that you have a hold and can’t register for the class, please contact Enrollment Services at 903-823-3012, or stop by our office in the Administration Building.Students with a DE (Developmental Ed) hold will need to see an advisor before registering.

    Students with a hold from the Business Office will need to contact them at 903-823-3331 before proceeding.

Download a pdf version of How to view course needs and register