Apply Texas Instructions
NOTE: Apply Texas Must Be Done At Least 48 Hours Before Registration
Help for creating an account below:
- Complete all items in the ‘My Profile’ tab
- Type in your name (Suffix is the part of your legal name if it ends with: II, III, Jr. and/or Sr. LEAVE BLANK IF IT DOES NOT APPLY.)
- Permanent Mailing Address and Phone Number (Leave Country Code blank.)
- Current Mailing Address and Phone Number (Complete this section even if it is the same as Permanent Mailing Address. Include the area code with your phone numbers. Do not use spaces or dashes.)
- Password Information (you will create a password)
- Make sure you click on ‘Save Profile’
- You will receive your username
- Go to your email to verify the link in order to access your account.
- Log back in by entering your username (email address) and password.
|ApplyTexas Username: _____________________ (Assigned to you through ApplyTexas)
ApplyTexas Password: _________________________ (your created password)
If you do not keep your username and password, you will not be able to access your application in the future.
Please record below and follow instructions to continue. You must complete the application part below this box to complete.
Now return to ApplyTexas Home Page to create and complete your application.
Help for creating your application below:
- Click on the My Applications tab.
- Click on Create a new application now.
- Scroll down and click on Create a new 2-year college admission application.
- Go to Search for a college from an alphabetical list.
- Select Texarkana College. Click on Continue.
- Select a semester. Choose the correct term from the drop-down menu. Click on Continue.
- Select a major. You must select – your high school dual credit. Click on Continue.
- Application Checklist. Verify that the display indicates the correct college to which you are seeking enrollment.
- Click on Continue to my application.
Help for completing Biographical Information – Page 1
- Record your application ID Number
- ApplyTexas Application ID # is: _______________ (Assigned to you through ApplyTexas)
- Verify that First Choice School and First Choice Major are correct.
- Proceed with completing or verifying questions 1-15. Answer any questions that are blank and that apply to you. (Verify all information before saving this page.)
- Question 1 – Enter your Social Security Number. (The ApplyTexas directions will state that your social security number is not required; however, not entering it will result in a hold on your account.
- Question 14 – Indicate a valid email address.
Click on Save Changes.
Help for completing Educational Background – Page 2
- Proceed with completing or verifying questions 1-4.
- Question 4 – Under Academic Suspension Question, answer No.
- Click on Save Changes.
Help for completing Educational Information – Page 3
- Answer all questions within Questions 1 – 3.
- Question 1 – If you do not know what Tech Prep is, answer No.
- Question 2 – Under Admission Basis select Dual Credit (receiving both high school and college credit) (NOTE: You MUST select the provided answer for Question 2 to ensure that you are included in all Dual Credit reports.)
- Question 3 – Under Reason Attending, select Earn credits for transfer.
- Click on Save Changes.
Help for completing Residency Information – Page 4
If the questions do not apply to you, do not answer them.
Residency Information Pre-Screen
- Question 1 – Answer No to Federal Income Tax filed as an Independent question.
- Question 2 – Answer Yes to Federal Income Tax filed as a Dependent question. Click on Save and Continue to Next Question
Help for completing Residency Information continued –
- Question 1 – US Citizenship of parent – If your answer to question 8 was Yes on page 1, this answer will be automatically provided. Skip to question 5. If your answer was No, answer questions 2-5.
- Question 5 – Current residency of parent in Texas – Answer Yes or no.
- Question 6 – Years lived in Texas – Answer a and b. (If you are not sure of the number of years your parent/legal guardian has lived in Texas, but you have been here since birth, indicate your age. For “main purpose for being in the state,” most students select “Establish/Maintain” a home.)
- Question 7 – Military Info – Answer a and b. (If this does not apply to you, go to question 8. Answer Yes if active duty.
- Question 8 – Do any of the following apply to parent? You must complete at least one from a. or b.
- Answer questions 9 and 10 – If your parent works in Texas, answer Yes to question a.
Click on Save and Continue to Next Question.
Read the statement in the box.
Locate your application ID number.
At this point, you should have your username, password, and application ID number.
Click on Submit Application Now.
Verify that your screen indicates that you have successfully submitted your application.
NOTE: Students should disregard automated emails. TC works with ISD’s to get all required documents. TC works with your high school to set up registration.