Part-time TCPD Security
Under general supervision, provide security and protection for students, staff and visitors and prevents property loss due to theft or vandalism.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clear and valid Texas driver’s license.
- Ability to clearly and accurately record information.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with youths and adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally).
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and
- Training or experience as a security officer preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Patrol assigned campus. Monitor student behavior and enforce school rules related to student conduct, vehicle operation, and parking.
- Lock or unlock buildings as requested.
- Observe persons and conditions and provide assistance when necessary (information, directions, access to buildings, late night escort, jump start, locked in keys, etc.).
- Resolve conflict or confrontation between students and report disturbances to be investigated by TC Police Department
- Control traffic and parking on campus grounds during school hours and at after-hours events.
- Work cooperatively with office personnel to inform students of problems with vehicles (i.e., improperly parked, lights on, etc.)
- Assist Campus Police and other law enforcement personnel as needed.
- Notify police, fire department, or other appropriate authority of any situation requiring immediate attention.
- Observe and report potentially hazardous physical conditions, such as, fallen limbs, damage to sidewalks, damage to streets, missing signage, etc.
- Maintain shift activity log.
- Maintain Confidentiality regarding persons and incidents.
- Give directions or act as a guide to authorized visitors.
- Provide on-site security to special events.