Part-time Student Success Coach
The student success coach is responsible for working with the campus community to facilitate a transformational learning experience to increase retention, success, and completion. Success coaches will work to empower new and continuing students as they identify and achieve their educational goals through guided coaching sessions and by connecting them with internal and external resources. Through the early alert system, success coaches will identify students who are at risking of failing and/or withdrawing and will proactively work to provide support.
Associate Degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with students.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse backgrounds including underprepared, underrepresented, or unprivileged students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to reach a wide range of students and people.
- Ability to connect with community groups, leaders and educational partners on issues that are related to student success.
- Interpersonal skills are very important as well as the ability to facilitate meetings and group events.
- Must be able to adapt to the changing needs and situations of their students.
- Ability to work as a team with multiple departments within the college community.
- Strong technology background.
- 1-2 years paid experience; preferably in a college setting and/or student service program
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support to new, transfer, and returning students through personalized targeted communication after initial registration.
- Assist with student success programming and outreach through in-person and virtual interactive platforms.
- Connect and provide support to at-risk students through the internal early alert system.
- Monitor and track student engagement through customer relations management system.
- Coordinate student referrals to internal and external services related to obstacles and barriers hindering success.
- Serve as an information center for students through in-person and virtual engagement.
- Assist in the planning and executing of campus wide student events including orientation and graduation.
- Develop and present workshops on time management, goal setting, and study skills in one-on-one or small group formats.
- Provide assistance to students and instructors to problem solve issues related to progress towards academic goals, persistence, and attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.
Weekly Working Hours: 29.5