Part-time Math Lab Tutor
The Part-Time Math Lab Tutor provides academic tutoring to students in the math lab and classroom setting.
- Associate’s degree in Mathematics field from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend
- Prior tutoring experience preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Tutors students in mathematics on a one-to-one, small group (TSI, Class or Exam Reviews) classroom (NCBOs, Modular), and camp format.
- Serves as a role model and motivates students to achieve and assists with their academic needs.
- Attends all tutor trainings and required meetings.
- Monitors students attendance and progress in NCBOs.
- Stays knowledgeable in each of the courses and labs tutored by the math lab.
- Assists with math lab computer programs and student login of programs.
- Assists students with login and out system to document lab time accurately.
- Assists with making copies, totaling lab time, organizing teaching materials, and performing clerical duties as needed.
- Turns computers on and off each day.
- Checks calculators in and out for students.
- Keeps lab area neat by pushing in chairs and straightening computer area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Competitive, depending on qualifications and experience.