Part-time Adult Education Instructor, Afternoon or Evenings
The Instructor will be responsible to provide instruction to program participants.
Bachelor’s degree in Education required for contract and non-contracted teachers.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in written form.
- Be willing to learn to use and teach courses using alternative delivery modes.
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience, preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for teaching Adult Basic Education, Pre-GED and GED courses using instructional methods geared toward the adult learner in a classroom setting. Plan lessons and curriculum-based the learning needs of culturally diverse and multi-skill level students which prepare students to pass the GED tests and/or enhance basic education skills
- Instruct individuals in a classroom setting.
- Instruct subjects including, but not limited to, ESL, Transitions, Basic Skills, and IET
- Complete and maintain appropriate student registration, attendance, and assessment records, and ensure timely submission of data for NRS input
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Complete yearly training and/or professional development as assigned and required by the grant
- Plans and prepares relevant and practical class lessons and monitors student’s performance.
- Administer TABE tests to determine individual progress. Create a climate that encourages and supports learning.
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods, that include group or individualized instruction as well as computer programs that help students make learning gains