Junior Systems Administrator
Supports and maintains the Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Windows Server and other applications in the college by providing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, administration, account management and resolution of software and hardware issues. Participates in the development of new system designs.
- Associates degree in a technology/computer field required.
- Bachelor degree in a technology field preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory.
- The ability to work independently and with with teams.
- A customer-oriented attitude and desire to help others succeed.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start.
- Committed to providing quality customer service.
- An uncompromising commitment to student learning through the college’s mission, vision, values and the delivery of instruction.
- A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects.
- Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with students, business/industry, government and community representatives/citizens, faculty, staff, administrators.
- This is an entry-level position. One year or more of experience with Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, virtualization, file and print sharing, NTFS permissions, server clusters, cloud technologies, etc. is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates who have completed relevant coursework but lack experience.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and maintain deployment images for Windows desktop client operating systems.
- Deploy and maintain Windows desktop applications.
- Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer and upgrade Microsoft Windows Server operating systems with all required server roles on assigned servers.
- Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, manage users and upgrade Microsoft Active
- Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, manage users and upgrade Microsoft Exchange including Exchange mail stores.
- Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, manage users and upgrade other enterprise applications and systems as
- Participate in developing and maintaining backup and recovery procedures and processes.
- Participate in IT security reviews.
- Maintain a Change Management log for changes made in the production environment.
- Assist other System Administrators as needed.
- Resolve Help Desk tickets as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.