June 23, 2017
Serves as the Journeyman Plumber for the College. Oversees, assists and provides technical training and responsibility for all plumbing work as assigned, including project estimates contractor coordination, project management and tracking work orders.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred).
- Valid Journeyman Plumber license
- Advanced knowledge of plumbing safety practices.
- Must be able to read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply and drainage systems.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with individuals from diverse
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a Journeyman Plumber License from the State of Texas to meet requirements of both state and local city codes.
- Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
- Proof of certification will be required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the plumbing field that is directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
- Applicants must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Perform safety inspections, and stay current on state and local plumbing codes and changes.
- Responsible for plumbing projects at new construction site, maintaining pipes, fixtures.
- Requisitions materials necessary for work orders, and estimates time and materials costs on plumbing projects.
- Develops, oversees and continually refine plumbing preventive maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot plumbing systems: diagnose/analyze/repair plumbing
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repair and service.
- Works from technical manuals, troubleshoot, and make repairs.
- Follows all safety, policy and procedures; reports any safety hazards.
- Conducts customer service and safety training sessions for plumbing/maintenance unit employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.
To apply via mail or in person, a signed Texarkana College application, resume, including three professional references, and verification of post secondary educational credentials must be received for formal consideration. Submit application materials to:
2500 N. Robison Rd.
Texarkana, TX 75599