Faculty – Culinary Arts for FCIPosted:
September 10, 2018
To plan, implement, direct, and evaluate the culinary arts and hospitality management program for the FCI program. To provide leadership through open communication, inspiration, and effective decision-making. To provide oversight for all culinary arts and hospitality management facilities. To assure quality in educational and training programs for culinary arts and hospitality management personnel. To develop a semester schedule of classes and teach courses as needed. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development and other appropriate responsibilities. The instructor must be able to pass all background checks and requirements for the Federal Correctional Institution.Qualifications:
- Associate of Applied Science degree is preferred, (Bachelor’s desired), from a regionally accredited institution indicating academic preparation in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management.
- Food Protection Management certification required.
- Evidence of culinary competency, which may include ACF certifications as Certified Executive Chef, Certified Chef de Cuisine, or Certified Sous Chef, verification by success in ACF sanctioned competitions and/or established track record of high performance in well-regarded culinary operations as Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef, etc.
- Eligible for or in possession of American Culinary Federation (ACF) Certification.
- Willing and able to teach day or evening classes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
- An innovative, problem-solving thinker.
- Demonstrated potential for leadership.
- Able to work with various types of audio visual equipment and software.
- Working knowledge of maintaining student records and dealing with sensitive information.
- Knowledge of leadership styles and techniques for guiding, motivating, and directing individuals to achieve effective performance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and skills in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management courses with the ability to encourage students to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Must use flexibility, resourcefulness, and persistence.
- Advanced Skill(s) in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management along with flexibility, resourcefulness, and persistence.
- Oral and written communication skills to support effective interaction with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public.
- Basic computer skills to support preparation of class presentations and tests and effective communication with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public.
- Knowledge of current developments in related fields of specialization with the ability to keep up-to-date on changes in policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge.
- Skills to research information, identify relevant facts, and derive logical conclusions.
- Skill to identify goals and develop strategic plans for achieving goals.
- Ability to do the following:
- Teach lab courses and/or assist with open lab.
- Work with a diverse group of students, including special population students.
- Meet deadlines for reports and other required paperwork.
- Use organizational skills to effectively plan work activities, schedules, priorities, and utilization of resources.
- Contribute to the team efforts of the department.
- Deal in a fair and courteous manner with a variety of individuals.
- Provide feedback, support, and encouragement to students.
- Create an atmosphere of mutual trust.
- Effectively convey ideas to others in a group or one-on-one situation.
- Follow an activity, project, or plan of action from its inception through implementation without losing control or perspective.
- Prepare and analyze financial data and information.
- Assist/tutor students verbally and through comments on assignments.
- Contribute and present innovative ideas for new curricula and facilities.
- Design and develop marketing tools and strategies.
- Evaluate employee and student performance.
- Perform all the essential functions of this job.
- Five years’ work experience in a combined Food Service Management/Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management setting is required. Community college teaching experience is desirable.
- Teach courses in accordance with the course syllabus and FCI/college policy.
- Develop curriculum and courses for new and existing Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when
- Oversee all Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management facilities, monitor state of condition, and recommend any needed repairs, updates, or
- Oversee the establishment and continued supervision of operations of a student-based menu-driven food production
- Actively seek ways to improve
Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.
To apply via mail or in person, a signed Texarkana College application, resume, including three professional references, and verification of post secondary educational credentials must be received for formal consideration. Submit application materials to:
2500 N. Robison Rd.
Texarkana, TX 75599