Executive Director – Business Office
To plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Business Office and a designated group of accounting employees.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university, or related field, with a minimum of 12 semester hours in accounting.
Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Supervisory and management principles, practices, and methods.
- Higher education practices and procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Effectively supervising, leading, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Coordinating ongoing budgetary and accounting systems.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Coordinating with IT staff to ensure integrity of accounting system.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, automated financial systems, and administrative software applications, including Microsoft office.
- Five years related work experience, including three years of supervisory work experience.
- Work experience in fund accounting and/or higher education environment.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for managing student charges, exemptions, waivers, and refunds through Jenzabar.
- Responsible for oversight of all student accounts.
- Responsible for generation, preparation, and dissemination of 1098Ts.
- Performs highly responsible professional work in the area of accounting, reconciliation and accounting processes.
- Assist and answer questions from students, faculty, administration, and general public.
- Serves as a lead in the Business Office, to include monitoring work, training employees on work methods, and providing direction.
- Manages accounts receivable and collections of past due accounts.
- Assist Vice President of Finance and Controller with annual audit.
- Assist Vice President of Finance, Controller, and other administrative officers with the preparation of statistical and financial reports and various monthly reconciliations.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the Vice President of Finance.
- Researches and analyzes discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to established procedures and processes.
- Prepares, updates, and maintains a variety of correspondence, records, federal and state reports.
- Assists in preparing complex financial documents, which may include proposals and analytical documents.
- Responds to requests for information and inquiries related to programs, policies, and/or other related information, research customer discrepancies, resolves customer problems.
- Responsible for Monthly Sales Tax Reporting.
- Assists with internal controls and training for cash handling.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Supervises Accounts Receivable and other Business Office staff.
- Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.