Administrative Assistant – Instruction and Campus Operations
To perform organizational duties and administrative support tasks. Coordinates office activities. Prepares confidential documents and reports. Incumbent has unique responsibilities depending on department or area of assignment. Will also be responsible for creating materials involving digital graphic design for the Vice Presidents’ offices in collaboration with the office of Institutional Advancement.
High School diploma or educational equivalent; Associates degree preferred.
One year clerical, office, or related work experience.
- Office Procedures and Practices.
- Digital Graphic Design
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment on sensitive issues.
- Customer Service Techniques.
- Maintains confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
- Maintains an established work schedule.
- Effectively uses interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively uses organizational and planning skills.
- Enters data, maintains files, and performs other clerical duties.
- Demonstrates proficiency using standard office software applications.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs office duties in support of the Dean, Director, faculty, and/or adjunct staff, including scheduling, word processing, data entry, maintaining spreadsheets and databases, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, processing mail, and duplication.
- Gathers, compiles and enters data, producing routine and ad hoc reports and documents.
- Produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals, and other documents.
- Answers the telephone, routes calls, or takes messages; responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone.
- May input budget figures; prepare requisitions, log and track expenditures, take payments, or issue invoices or bills.
- Maintains tracking systems and logs.
- Operates office equipment such as copiers and fax machines.
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, travel and events.
- Represents the College in a professional and customer service-oriented manner.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional supervision of student workers.
- Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.