Adjunct – Visual Arts Instructor
To instruct students in the appropriate disciplines in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- In accordance with Institutional accreditation requirements, Master’s degree in Visual Arts or a Master’s degree in related disciplines with 18 graduate hours in field.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive to issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively assisting student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours.
- Maintaining an established schedule, including evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations that may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information. Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, class room or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level.
- Must be knowledgeable, capable of using current technology in the classroom, and able to teach effectively at a community college level.
- Preferred experience in teaching community college level courses
- Successful teaching experience.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Instructs students in the Visual Arts discipline. Provides learning activities that stimulate student involvement and encourage critical thinking.
- Instruction in both traditional and non-traditional learning modes.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in the field, and service in the profession and/or the community.
- Plans and organizes lesson plans, research and reference materials, syllabi, and other learning aids.
- Maintains office hours to assist students.
- Meets deadlines and adheres to policies and procedures for paperwork, records, and documentation
- Participates in required training and/or professional development
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Department Dean and/or Vice President of Instruction