Adjunct – PsychologyPosted:
May 09, 2018
The Business & Social Science Division of Texarkana College is seeking an adjunct Psychology Instructor for possibly day, evening, and online classes.Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Counseling and/or Psychology from a regionally accredited institution, or a Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with 18 graduate credits hours in the field. Persons with a master’s degree in education may be considered for PSYC 1300/EDUC 1300 (Learning Frameworks) classes.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Willing and able to teach day or evening classes.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive to issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively assisting student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information. Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, classroom or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level.
- Must be knowledgeable about and capable of using current technology in the classroom and able to teach effectively at a community college level.
- Successful collegiate or university teaching experience preferred, especially at a community college.
Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.
To apply via mail or in person, a signed Texarkana College application, resume, including three professional references, and verification of post secondary educational credentials must be received for formal consideration. Submit application materials to:
2500 N. Robison Rd.
Texarkana, TX 75599