Adjunct – Welding Instructor at Telford Unit
Instructors present material to students who are pursuing classes for Academic or Vocational programs to perform assignments that may vary from day to day for the Telford Unit. The instructor must be able to pass all background checks and requirements for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- High School Diploma and Welding Certificate or Associates degree in Welding, (Bachelor’s degree preferred) from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work well with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments.
- Ability to travel at various campuses as schedules permit.
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
- Five years direct work experience in the field, with 3 of those years being current. Must maintain all licenses and certificates during the course of employment. Previous teaching experience is strongly preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hands on and classroom / laboratory teaching, including team teaching and instruction in all phases of the welding program including oxy-fuel welding and cutting, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, and pipe welding.
- Conduct personal behaviors and teaching situations in a safe manner, recognizing the inherent issues associated with the instruction of materials and equipment.
- Use a variety of effective and professional teaching techniques and methods which assist students in attaining the performance objectives of the course.
- Prepare and submits a course of study including course objectives, student performance objectives, and daily lesson plans.
- Develop appropriate student performance objectives to be achieved.
- At the completion or termination of training, submit a report of the total number of hours of training the student received and the related skills achieved.
- Assist in student placement activities.
- Accurately and punctually compiles, submits and archives all forms, records, documentation and information required or requested.
- Observes the policies, procedures and directives of the College, as well as the policies, procedures, directives and regulations for any off campus teaching site or work location.
- Participates in meetings, training, committees, and public relations functions as assigned or required.
- Acts as a positive ambassador for the College and the program. Manages supplies and inventory of materials.
- Follows established attendance procedures.
- Carries out instructor’s lesson plans Proctors tests, quizzes and exams.
- Ensures adequate supervision of students.
- Collects students’ assignments.
- Complies with departmental and College policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
May supervise 2-5 employees.
Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.