Adjunct Instructor – Medication Aide
Instructors are professional educators who have the primary responsibility of fulfilling the Community and Business Education Centers’ mission of providing quality training and education for all students attending classes. Categories include full-time with benefits, and temporary without benefits. The relationship of the instructor to the student is one of leader, teacher, advisor, and facilitator of learning.
- Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Active license as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching adult learners
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
- Respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues
- A minimum of two years experience caring for individuals in direct patient care setting or employed currently or in the past as an instructor in a school of nursing, for a facility or training program.
- Ability to utilize multiple instructional strategies to accommodate different learning styles of students
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with this written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester. The syllabus should include required texts, course content and learning outcomes, and assessment measures.
- Prepare lesson plans, course materials and use appropriate teaching techniques, which may include but are not limited to delivering lectures, leading discussions, and conducting laboratory demonstrations.
- Conduct evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintain records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy.
- Contribute to the development and revision of course content and instructional materials, textbook/equipment selection, and assessment strategies.
- Administer student surveys in classes as provided by Community and Business Education department.
Competitive, depending on qualifications and experience.