Adjunct HVAC FCI Instructor
The optimal HVAC Instructor will be responsible for instructing the HVAC program with our student body. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: classroom and laboratory instruction, examination preparation and grading and preparing students for a rewarding career in HVAC/R for the FCI program. The instructor must be able to pass all background checks and requirements for the Federal Correctional Institution.
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required. A minimum of five years’ work experience in a field related to Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Willing and able to teach day or evening classes at a number of sites around the city.
- Excellent knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software required, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate students in a learning-centered environment.
- Self-disciplined and able to effectively manage others.
- An innovative, problem-solving thinker.
- Demonstrated potential for leadership.
- Able to work with various types of audio visual equipment and software.
- Working knowledge of maintaining student records and dealing with sensitive information.
- Must be able to background check.
- Previous teaching or training experience preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Classroom and hands on instruction in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC)
- Coordinate with other instructors in the department a total training concept including related education courses.
- Participate in college activities and BOP trainings as required.
- Perform any duties assigned pertaining to successful operation of program.
- Work with Continuing Education on student information regarding registration, class rolls, etc.
- Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations
- Maintains access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
- Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
- Advises students in academic matters.
- Evaluates students’ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
- Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
- Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
- Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
- Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
- Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings.
- This position is expected to support the mission of Texarkana College by maintaining high educational standards, advising students, facilitating student learning outcomes, and performing other college-related duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Texarkana College Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Teaching assignments may include summer courses, but will include afternoon and/or evening classes.
- Participation in college and departmental committees, college activities and public relations functions.
- Developing and maintaining functional interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues.
- Documentation and recordkeeping.
- Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
May supervise 2-5 employees
Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.