Adjunct Computer Technology
Teach Computer Science. Present/teach objectives described in the curriculum for a course. Efficiently handle paperwork related to student grades and college responsibilities.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer information technology, computer engineering, computer-based information systems or business/computer related field (e.g., computer management, decision engineering, or electrical engineering), and/or 3 years non-teaching work experience in the field or industry certification(s)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software required, including Microsoft Office programs and professional development software specific training sessions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate students in a learning-centered environment.
- Self-disciplined and able to effectively manage others.
- Able to work with various types of audiovisual equipment and software.
- Working knowledge of maintaining student records and dealing with sensitive information.
Teaching experience at the community college or four-year college level preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- The ability to effectively teach classroom/laboratory courses in the Computer Technology Division in one or more of the following areas: applications (MS Office, Adobe Suite, 3DS Max), hardware and software (A+ Prep classes), networking (Cisco, Linux, Novell, Microsoft), operating systems, and security is critical to experiencing success in this position.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies & interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Monitor and improve student retention.
- Participate in faculty committees and other activities, as assigned.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Competitive, depending on qualifications and experience.