Texarkana College confers three major degrees: the Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Arts, and the Associate of Science. In addition, Texarkana College awards certificates of graduation for completion of programs of less than two years in length.
This catalog reflects the Texas common course numbering system adopted by Texarkana College in cooperation with other Texas colleges and universities. Students earning an Associate degree at Texarkana College must complete T.C.’s core curriculum requirement in addition to major courses and electives in their particular area of interest and all requirements of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI).
For course descriptions and specified prerequisites, see the section of the catalog providing course descriptions. Students should check the catalog of the senior college of their choice for transfer requirements. At least 25% of credit semester hours earned toward an associate degree from T.C. must be earned through instruction offered by Texarkana College.
Students are allowed a maximum of five (5) years to complete their degree under the college catalog in effect upon initial registration. This policy does not include curriculum changes mandated by state regulations or accreditation agencies. Additional time past this period is permitted, but the student must meet the degree requirements in the current catalog. An official degree evaluation should be requested from the admissions office upon completion of 30 semester hours.
- A minimum of 60 semester hours is required for graduation.
- 18 hours must be of sophomore standing.
- A maximum of 14 hours of credit by exam may be accepted.
- A maximum of nine (9) hours of correspondence study may be accepted. (Additional hours may be accepted upon the approval of the Chief Instructional Officer and the Coordinator of Admissions).
- The last 16 hours must be completed in residence.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required for graduation.
- Students must make formal application for graduation by the appropriate deadlines on the form furnished by the Admissions Office.