Students are encouraged to pay in full when they register. However, students are allowed to register without immediate payment to allow for processing or setup of financial aid, scholarships, third-party billing, installment plans, etc. All registered students MUST PAY IN FULL by the PAYMENT DEADLINE each term. The payment system will run daily after the payment deadline. Students registering for the first time or re-registering after the payment deadline will be required to pay in full the same day they register. The balance due must be zero. Example: Students who register on Monday must pay in full on the same Monday.
If a student’s balance does not equal zero or less, the following actions are taken:
TOTALLY UNPAID: Students registered for courses who have not:
- made any payment
- received and applied any financial aid and/or scholarships
- applied third party billing to their account
will be dropped from ALL registered courses.
PARTIALLY UNPAID: Students registered for courses that have partially unpaid balances due to any reason, including but not limited to:
- additional courses added after original registration and payment
- dropped courses replaced with a course(s) resulting in an increased balance
- total balance not covered by financial aid, third party billing, or scholarships
will be dropped from unpaid course registrations until the account balances to zero. Courses with the latest start date will be dropped first. Then courses will be dropped according to registration date and time. These courses will be dropped the following business day.
Students are responsible for ensuring that their financial aid, third party billing, or scholarship has been applied to their account by the payment deadline.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
The college accepts the following methods of payment:
- Online Payments
- Credit Cards: MasterCard or Visa
- Debit Cards: Must have a MasterCard or Visa affiliation
- In-person payments to the Student Accounts Office during regular business hours
- Credit Cards: MasterCard or Visa
- Debit Cards: Must have a MasterCard or Visa Affiliation
- Personal Checks
- Company checks, cashier checks, money orders, or loan checks from credit cards or other financial institutions will be processed as a normal paper check and included with the normal deposits of the College.
- The College assesses a $30 processing fee for each stopped payment or returned check. An individual who has had a check returned must then pay the College by cash, cashier’s check, money order or credit card.
- Cash: Legal currency of the United States
- Third Party Payment: Payments made by third party vendors via letters, purchase orders, or invoices must be presented in person to the Student Accounts Office each semester in order for the student’s account to be updated. Students are liable for any unpaid balances.
- Exemptions/Waivers-Documentation must be submitted in person to the Student Accounts Office each semester in order for the student’s account to be updated. Students are liable for any unpaid balances.
- Scholarships – Funds from outside scholarships must be received before student accounts can be updated. TC scholarships will be posted upon registration and verification of award.
- Financial Aid – Funds from TC grants or student loans will be posted upon registration and verification of award.
- Installment Payment Plan – See below for details on setting up and paying through an installment plan.
INSTALLMENT PAYMENT PLAN
Texarkana College offers a payment plan through Nelnet Business Solutions (formerly FACTS Management) for the total of tuition, fees, and any on-campus housing. Students sign up for the payment plan online through the “myTC” link on www.texarkanacollege.edu. On the Student Tab, under Billing and Payments, select Installment Payments. Payment options vary by semester and registration date. Payment plans are not available for mini-semester.
A student who fails to make full payment for the balance due, including incidental fees, by the final payment due date will be prohibited from registering for classes until the balance due is paid in full. A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the work done that semester.
The payee (Texarkana College) reserves the right to withdraw the student from class if the Note (balance due) is not paid in full by the final payment due date. If the Promiser (student) is withdrawn and subsequently pays the balance due in full, the Promiser may petition the Registrar, through Enrollment Services, for reinstatement.
Students who default on an installment plan through Nelnet may have future installment plan privileges revoked by Texarkana College.
Visit the TC Helpdesk website for Step by Step Instructions
- Automatic bank payment (ACH)
- Credit card/debit card
Cost to Participate
- $30.00 Enrollment Fee per semester
- $30.00 Nonrefundable returned payment fee if a payment is returned
Simple Steps to Enroll
- Log into myTC and click on the Student Tab
- Click on Billing and Payments
- Click on Installment Payments (right hand side of screen)
- Select Year/Term from drop down menu – click ‘Submit’
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the ‘Calculate My Bill’ button
- It will show your Balance Due
- Click on logo – Ecashier Monthly Payment Plan
- Follow Nelnet Instructions
Payments are processed on the 5th of the month and will continue until the balance is paid in full. Should a payment fail, your reprocess date will be provided on the Missed Payment Notification.
How do I access my payment plan AFTER I have set it up?
Once you receive your Confirmation Letter, log on to www.mypaymentplan.com. The Confirmation Letter will have all of the information you will need for setting up your account. You will receive your Confirmation Letter within a day or so after setting up your payment plan agreement.
Payment Plan Benefits:
- Easy online enrollment
- Flexible payment options
- No interest
Target Dates To Enroll By
Please check the Texarkana College website, www.texarkanacollege.edu and select:
Paying for College -> Student Accounts
A schedule of dates and required down payments will be available for each semester beginning a week before registration.
NOTE: All down payments, full payments, and enrollment fees are processed immediately and cannot be stopped once you click Submit and Activate.
Payment Plan Availability
Availability of the Payment Plan is determined by Texarkana College. Please be aware the college may elect not to have the Payment Plan available during specific times and dates during registration.
Please do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if financial aid is received or a class is dropped or added. You should review your agreement balance online through mypaymentplan.com or call Texarkana College at 903-823-3331 to confirm the change.
Any student who is delinquent in paying debts to Texarkana College will be placed on “hold.” “Hold” status means that you will be unable to transact any business on campus. You will not be able to get an unofficial or official transcript, and you will not be able to register for future courses/semesters.
- Returned check penalties
- Payment plan payments
- Amounts owed on student aid (grants, scholarships, etc.)
- Restitution for loss or damage to college property
Students must pay all debts in full before they are taken off “hold.” You will not be able to re-enroll for the next semester until this is completed.
If students fail to pay their student account balance or any monies due and owed to Texarkana College by the scheduled due date, and fail to make acceptable payment arrangements to bring their account to current, Texarkana College may refer their delinquent account to a collection agency. Student is responsible for paying the collection agency fee which may be based on a percentage of delinquent account, together with all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, necessary for the collection of the delinquent account. The delinquent account may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus.
LATE CHARGES AND OTHER EXPENSES
Texarkana College charges a $30 processing fee for each stopped payment or returned check. Returned checks include electronically converted checks that have been rejected by the bank. An individual who has had a check returned must then pay the College by cash, cashier’s check, money order, or credit card.
Nelnet charges a $30 fee for each payment that is drafted unsuccessfully on our Installment Payment Plan.