The purpose of Texarkana College’s Financial Aid Office is to assist students in obtaining any financial aid available while attending college. Assistance is available in the form of grants, loans, student employment, and scholarships. All students who feel that they need financial assistance are strongly encouraged to visit the Financial Aid Office to learn about the various sources of funds and to determine their eligibility. Students who wish to apply for any type of financial aid (except merit-based scholarships and non-Work Study student assistant positions) must:
- Complete an admissions application and be an admitted degree-seeking student to Texarkana College.
- Be enrolled in course(s) that pertain toward their degree plan each semester.
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Applications are available through the FAFSA website located at fafsa.ed.gov. After submission of the FAFSA to the Federal Processor, students will subsequently receive a Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Submit any documents required by the Financial Aid Office.
- Log onto their Financial Aid Online to review their financial aid status.
High School Students without Transcripts Available
Students who enroll for summer sessions and whose high schools have not yet had the opportunity to issue transcripts will be allowed to temporarily substitute a letter from the high school registrar which states the student has completed all requirements for graduation, including passing all sections of the TAKS/STAAR. This letter must be submitted in a sealed envelope and must include the following:
- Student’s social security number
- Confirmation that the student has successfully completed all requirements for graduation, date of graduation, and type of program completed (i.e. recommended, distinguished, etc.)
- Date issued
- Original signature of the school official
Students who enroll using this type of verification must follow up and furnish the Office of Enrollment Services with an official copy of their transcript. These regulations were developed to ensure compliance with federal law. Students who have not met these requirements will NOT be awarded Title IV federal financial aid. No exceptions will be made to this policy.