Texarkana College welcomes you as a new, transfer, or returning student. We believe that a comprehensive orientation to our college sets the stage for a successful transition to college life. Every important journey requires careful preparation. Your adjustment during the first semester of college can have a major impact on the remainder of your college experience. Thus, the college requires all new, transfer, and students who have been away from Texarkana College for one calendar year to complete orientation.
In general, students who attend college orientation programs are better prepared academically to start their first semester of college at TC. They also have an advantage because they are able to acclimate themselves to their campus community before classes begin. The Texarkana College Student Orientation program is full of useful information students can use during the first few weeks of class.
The Texarkana College Student Orientation program gives you and your parents the opportunity to learn about resources that support student success at Texarkana College. We will provide more information regarding transfer and career resources, financing your education, and your academic division. You will have the opportunity to meet with faculty advisors, academic advisors, and financial aid specialists. You can also tour our facilities and receive answers to your specific questions.
During orientation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have some fun as you learn what it takes to be successful in college
- Interact with staff, faculty, and other students
- Identify academic and student support services
- Understand faculty expectations and college policies
- Participate in team building exercises
- Access your registration information and your email account
- Get an overview of myTC
- Ask pertinent questions about programs of study, important dates to remember, academic support services, and the placement testing process and how it influences course selection
- Understand the principles of building a good foundation for college life