Yes. Everyone requesting financial assistance through the TC Foundation is required to reapply by the next priority deadline listed alongside the scholarships.
The Texarkana College Foundation has over 300 endowed and annual scholarships available to Texarkana College students with an average award of $1,500.
Foundation scholarships are based on a wide variety of criteria set by the donors, including but not limited to financial need, community service, and pathway.
It is easy to apply. The AwardSpring system is a simple application process that matches qualified scholarship recipients to a Texarkana College Foundation scholarship.
Cost of Tuition
Steps to Apply
Scholarship Awards Available
Steps to Apply
- Access Your AwardSpring Account – Existing / Returning students and use your TC email address and password. Prospective students can create an account at AwardSpring.
- Start the Application – If you are a TC student, your demographic information will populate into the AwardSpring scholarship application. Answer all questions, request your letter of recommendation, and review your dashboard for any additional requirements to complete. Note: Some scholarships may have additional requirements that the applicant must complete. Be sure to check your AwardSpring Dashboard for any additional requirements.
- Click the “Submit Application” button on the lower right corner of the screen. If the button is gray, your application is not complete. Review the dashboard to determine any items that require attention. Each section of the application will show if it has been “completed” or is “in progress”.
- AwardSpring will match you with all scholarships for which you qualify.
|Scholarship||Total Scholarships Per Cycle||Scholarship Amount||Basic Qualification|
|Presidential/Dean’s Scholarship*||Up to 80||Full tuition and fees||Top recent high school graduate|
|TC Nursing Scholarship||2||1,000||Nursing student|
|Janell Robbins Nursing Scholarship||1||2,000||Nursing student|
|Dr. Shirley Finn Nursing Scholarship||1||2,000||Nursing student|
|David Wayne Gilbert Orthopedics Nursing Scholarship||1||2,000||Nursing student|
|Wadley Auxiliary Nursing Scholarship||2||1,000||Nursing student|
|Dr. Corinne R. Davis Nursing Scholarship||1||2,000||Nursing student|
|Maurice Leonard Nursing Scholarship||1||2,000||Nursing student|
|Sal and Aven Williamson Nursing Scholarship||1||1,500||Nursing student|
|Dianne Dunnam Knight Scholarship||1||1,500||Nursing student|
|Janice Sample Nursing Scholarship||1||1,500||Nursing student|
|Dr. Ben J. Floyd Nursing Scholarship||1||1,500||Nursing student|
|Chappell- Joyce Nursing Scholarship||1||1,500||Nursing student|
|Faculty Association Scholarship||Varies||Varies||Selected by faculty association|
|Jake and Bessie Eldridge Memorial Scholarship||Varies||Varies||Transfer student- for bachelors degree|
|Non-Traditional/Just Start Scholarship**||Up to 100||Up to 1,000||Non-traditonal student|
|Annie Kim Memorial Scholarship||1||1,500||International student|
|Wholesale Electric Supply Scholarship||1||2,000||Workforce- electrical major|
|BWI Companies Scholarship||2||2,500||Dependent of a BWI employee|
|Jarrell H. and Edna F. Winkle and Julia Beth Gardner Memorial Engineering Scholarship||1||1,000||Engineering major|
|US Marine Corp Reserve Scholarship||4||2,000||Child/grandchild of US Veteran|
|Officer William Jason Sprague Memorial Scholarship||1||1,500||Child of first responder/ Criminal Justice major|
|Overcoming Barriers Scholarship||Varies||1,000||EOC student|
|Robert A. Jones Scholarship||1||1,500||Black student|
|Dr. Theresa McDonald Scholarship||1||1,500||Hispanic student|
|Herman and Sara Barnett Business Scholarship||1||1,500||Business major|
|Joe S. and Barrie Thomson Endowed Scholarship||2||1,500||Business or Nursing major|
|Super 1 Foods Scholarship||1||1,500||Business/ Communications major|
|Mike and Vicky Sandefur Endowed Scholarship||1||1,500||West End of Bowie County high school graduate|
|Sharon and Fred Gilliam Endowed Scholarship||1||1,500||DeKalb High School graduate|
|William T. and Sue Smith||1||1,500||Non-traditional, female student|
|Dr. and Mrs. William Patterson Scholarship||1||1,500||Non-traditional, over 25 student|
|Linda Miller Smith Memorial Scholarship||1||1,000||Female- workforce major|
|John H. and Tommie McCoy Charitable Foundation Scholarship||2||2,000||West End of Bowie County high school graduate|
|Mike Smith Memorial Welding Scholarship||1||1,000||Welding major|
|Joe C. Vanderbilt and Jason T. Thomson Family Endowed Scholarship||1||1,500||Workforce major|
*Funds supporting the Presidential and Dean’s Scholarship:
Truman and Anita Arnold Endowment
Janice and Connor Patman Endowment
Lois and Cary Patterson Endowment
Bobbie Atkinson Endowment
Claude O. Pinkerton Endowment
Ben and Nancy Sandefur Endowment
Wilbur Smith Endowment
Tom and Bess Wilbanks Endowment
Vasco McCoy Jr. and Pamela D. McCoy Endowment
Dean and LaCrecia Barry Endowment
Jack and Coco Bruner Endowment
Virginia Pittman Eiland Endowment
Thomas H. Fuqua, Jr. Endowment
McLarty Ford Endowment
Cabe Foundation Endowment
Sonja and Bob Hubbard Endowment
Rosemary and James Henry Russell Endowment
Rose Lynn and Calvin Russell Endowment
Patsy and Don Morriss Endowment
Jessica and Matt Palmer Endowment
Martha and Josh Morriss Endowment
**Funding for the Non-Traditional Scholarship Provided By:
Pam and Gregg Orr Endowment
Lee Ann and Buddy McCulloch Endowment
Texas Pioneer Foundation Endowment
Nancy Patterson Troike Endowment
- Single Parent Scholarships (SPSF)
- This scholarship is given to low-income single parents who are pursuing post-secondary education in preparation for skilled employment. We organize affiliated scholarship funds that serve every county of Arkansas. To apply for a scholarship go to www.aspsf.org or to get involved, contact the affiliate SPSF serving the county you live in.
- This is a free scholarship matching service with a database of over 2.4 million scholarships worth over $14 billion.
- Works by matching the information in your profile to scholarships from our database of over 1.5 million scholarships worth over $3.4 billion. Membership is free.
- Rent to Own Labs Scholarship
- Offers a $2,500 scholarship that can go toward tuition, textbooks or development courses for a student pursuing a career in real estate.
- Has been providing scholarship information to students and scholarship management services to companies since 2003. Their database is 100% free for students to use.
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship
- Program for the Fall semester includes two (2) $10,000 scholarships and four (4) $5,000 scholarships, to be awarded to undergraduate and graduate students with a declared major of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related life-science field.
- USF Scholarship
- The TADC Urban Scholarship fund is for graduating high school seniors, first-time and/or returning undergrad college students, attending any accredited nonprofit college, university or technical school. Go to txadc.org to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
The AwardSpring system automatically saves your answers as you complete the application.
When completing the online scholarship application, answer and complete each question carefully and accurately, as this determines scholarship eligibility. Some scholarships need additional requirements, so be sure to review your “Dashboard” and answer those questions. Do not leave any questions blank.
No. Each scholarship has specific eligibility requirement(s) that were defined by the donor when the scholarship was established. Eligibility requirements are stated for each individual scholarship, so be sure to read the requirements carefully.
Yes. Each scholarship has a deadline that is listed on the summary of scholarships page.
Yes. International students may apply for TC Foundation scholarships. Awards are made based on the qualifications and eligibility criteria of the scholarships.
The Texarkana College Scholarship Committee reviews and evaluates each application and makes award recommendations based on the scholarship criteria.