If you’ve already filed your tax returns for last year, you can to get a head start on renewing your FAFSA for 2015-2016. Renew now to avoid missing important dates and deadlines later on in the year! If you’ve got your tax returns handy, you can head over to the FAFSA website to get started.
Here are some resources that will help you complete your free application for student aid:
- How to apply for federal student aid
- How to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool to make your application even easier to complete. We recommend that you wait three weeks after filing your tax returns before using this tool. Bonus: If you use this tool, you’re much less likely to be selected for verification, which can be a hassle.
- How to check your financial aid status online
If you need assistance, you are invited to attend our free FAFSA Night Out on April 16. Our financial aid representatives will be on hand to help you:
- Obtain your federal PIN to sign documents electronically
- Complete the 15-16 FAFSA application online
- Register for the fastweb.com scholarship database
- Provide advice on how to obtain IRS Tax Transcripts if necessary
- Provide advice on how financial aid and scholarships work at colleges and universities
- Answer any other questions you may have about the financial services available at TC.
If you attend FAFSA Night Out, you’ll need to bring:
- Independent students: All 2014 tax returns and W2s for student (and spouse, if applicable)
- Dependent students: Your parent(s), plus all 2014 tax returns and W2s for parent(s) and student