Join Texarkana College’s Road Scholars for a memorable 8-day tour of Peru in May 2015. Explore Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, and Lake Titicaca on this once-in-a-lifetime trip.
This Road Scholars Peru adventure includes:
- A walk through the center of Lima, where you can admire ornate churches, palaces, and museums.
- Sailing on iconic Lake Titicaca, plus an overnight island homestay on Taquile Island.
- Travel by bus to Cuzco, stroll around the Inca-built walls that line the streets, and experience the Plaza De Armas.
- A trip through the lush, fertile Sacred Valley, known to the Incas as Wilcamayo, plus a night in Ollantaytambo, a town built by the Incas with geometric precision.
- A winding train ride through the Urubamba Valley to Aguas Calientes, nestled in the cloud forest at the foot of Macchu Picchu.
- A day at mesmerizing Macchu Picchu, exploring iconic ruins.
- Sign up for this travel experience through the TC Continuing Education Department if you are not interested in acquiring academic credit. There is an $100 charge per person for this option.
- You may opt to sign up for a May mini-term that will offer academic credit in the areas of History, Geography, Government, and Sociology/Psychology. Those wanting academic credit will be required to go through TC admissions procedures to be eligible.The mini-term course carries 3 SCH and will appear on a college transcript as an elective course. Payment plans are available for students, and MasterCard and Visa are accepted in the TC Business Office.
The cost of this amazing experience will be $3,000 per person, including hotel, all meals, land transportation, and round-trip airfare (subject to market price in July 2014). First $500 non-refundable deposit due now.