Health Professions Pathways
Texarkana College is a proud partner in the H2P grant consortium. The H2P grant is a Trade Adjustment and Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCT) grant awarded to a consortium of nine community colleges in five states who are striving to meet these three goals:
- Provide TAACCCT eligible and other students with adequate preparation, support and opportunities to complete postsecondary training in health professions that provide credentials aligned with job advancement;
- Expand and enhance the health care workforce with the competencies needed by industry;
- Build the capacity of community colleges to continuously assess student and employment outcomes and use this information to improve the quality of health professions programs.
Texarkana College will achieve these goals through eight consortium-wide strategies
- Online assessment and career guidance – prior learning assessment (PLA)
- If you have a state license (CNA or Pharmacy Tech), you could qualify for college credit through PLA
- Explore health career options using the Virtual Career Network at www.vcn.org
- Visit Karen Holt for admissions advising
- Contextualized developmental education
- Math that uses real life problems that are found in healthcare settings
- Body systems prepares students for Anatomy and Physiology
- Competency based curriculum
- Brings commonalities found across the healthcare educational programs and puts them in a core curriculum
- Industry recognized stackable credentials
- Programs with multiple entry and exit points, serving the needs of upwardly motivated professionals
- Mobility between programs
- Enhanced retention support
- Dedicated retention specialist with great resources to help students succeed in college
- Career guidance
- Job placement assistance
- Training programs for incumbent health professions workers
- Meeting the needs of local industry with partnerships for training and education
- Enhanced data and accountability systems
- The collection of the most relevant and reliable student and program data for statistical analysis
- Galvanize a national movement to improve health professions training
- Recruit a community colleges to adopt the H2P concepts and strategies
To learn more about Health Professions Pathways, click here.
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College, Coon Rapids MN
- Ashland Community and Technical College, Ashland KY
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, Cincinnati OH
- City Colleges of Chicago, Chicago IL
- El Centro College, Dallas TX
- Jefferson Community and Technical College, Louisville KY
- Owens Community College, Toledo OH
- Pine Technical College, Pine City MN
- Texarkana College, Texarkana TX
Explore health career options at VCN.
Disability Act Statement:
Texarkana College complies with all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and makes reasonable accommodations upon request. Please contact Larry Andrews at 903.823.3283, or go by the Recruitment, Advisement, and Retention Department located in the Administration building for personal assistance.
If you have an accommodation letter from their office indicating that you have a disability which requires academic accommodations, please present it to me so we can discuss the accommodations that you might need for this class. It is best to request these changes at the beginning if not before the start of class so there is ample time to make the accommodations.
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. The H2P Consortium grant project ($19,613,306) is 100% funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Trade Adjust Assistance Community College and Career Training program. H2P Consortium is a WIA Title I – financially assisted program and is therefore an equal opportunity employer/ program which provides auxiliary aids and services upon request to individuals with disability by calling 903-823-3283 Voice/TTY. For EEOC and Depart of Labor Disclaimers.
This work by the Health Professions Pathways (H2P) Consortium, a Department of Labor, TAACCCT funded project is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Unported License.